Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a certain huntable species' population is down, perhaps way down to the point you'd be unlikely to fill your bag. Do you or would you keep purchasing a license or stop to save money?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    If I don't think I have a reasonable chance of success, I don't hunt that animal. And if I'm not going to hunt it, I'm not going to buy a tag/license. Of course, what constitutes a reasonable chance of success can be hard to define. How about you charlie?
    I don't hunt turkey for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      I buy my license regardless, and some I have are Lifetime License so I get them automatically. If I even think the game is down in the areas I hunt, I will forgo hunting that species in that affected area. No sense beating down a game animal when they are down.

I watched a recent episode of 'The Last Alaskan' and was disappointed to see a total lack of conservation. While outside he spotted a spruce grouse and ran in to get his .22. He got the first one and was happy to have a good meal. Then he spots the others and proceeds to wipe out the entire flock - 6 or 7 in all. What does he think he is going to eat next year? I don't know the population numbers of the grouse, but to take that many, in the middle of winter, from the same group does not go to good conservation. JMHO.
      I've never seen the show - is it worth checking out?

Comment

Originally posted by artiii26 View Post
        I'm a cajun living in the Big Thicket Wildlife Preservation. There are a lot of species, magnificent specimens that are on the endangered species list that I ate as a child and would sure like to sample again. LOL. The bayou is my backyard and it's beautiful here! That is the reason I use for purchasing a high dollar Texas license. And will continue to as long as my money and my mind will allow. Pic is looking out my back door...
        Nice picture! Makes me want to build a pirogue

Comment

In Alabama we have just a general license for hunting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget