Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a hunter new to the sport has questions about the right rifle or shotgun to purchase would you recommend asking the users of the forum for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a hunter new to the sport has questions about the right rifle or shotgun to purchase would you recommend asking the users of the forum for advice.

If a hunter new to the sport has questions about the right rifle or shotgun to purchase would you recommend asking the users of the forum for advice.

Absolutely! There are a wide range of opinions on this forum based on years of experience and knowledge. People live in different areas so I would say they would have an appropriate suggestion for just about any scenario. I would trust these guys more than I would trust a blind review from sources I have never read before.

Comment

Definitely. I am probably one of the youngest and least experienced of the regulars users here, but even I would probably know some things a new hunter wouldn't.

Comment

Lots of help is available here to help a new hunter start out right. All they have to do is ask, there are no dumb questions here.

Comment

Sure. Ask away. There are many years of experience represented on this forum. Me, I've gone from trying to knock deer flat with a 7mm Rem. Mag. to enjoying shooting a 7mm-08 in a Ruger compact rifle. Took me a while to figure out that there is only one degree of dead for deer and that it can be accomplished without pain for the shooter. Sorry, I sort of rambled there, but that's how info gets passed---just talking about it.

Comment

Without a doubt. I come here largely to sponge knowledge of the rest of your hard work.

Comment

Hi...

By all means, ask away...You may get myriad different answers...However, there is a lot of info to be gleaned from same...!!

After digesting those answers, you just might be well enough informed to make your choice(s)...!!

Comment

Why not? You may heed or discard the advice. We should all be courteous in our responses.

Comment

Originally posted by 4everAutumn View Post
                  Absolutely! There are a wide range of opinions on this forum based on years of experience and knowledge. People live in different areas so I would say they would have an appropriate suggestion for just about any scenario. I would trust these guys more than I would trust a blind review from sources I have never read before.
                  You make a good point and I've seen it in action over at F&S too.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Lots of help is available here to help a new hunter start out right. All they have to do is ask, there are no dumb questions here.
                    Well Jimbo, that first part is correct. But I've seen a few dumb questions on F&S before, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                      Sure. Ask away. There are many years of experience represented on this forum. Me, I've gone from trying to knock deer flat with a 7mm Rem. Mag. to enjoying shooting a 7mm-08 in a Ruger compact rifle. Took me a while to figure out that there is only one degree of dead for deer and that it can be accomplished without pain for the shooter. Sorry, I sort of rambled there, but that's how info gets passed---just talking about it.
                      Good point Country Road! You've written about that 7mm-08 a lot and always have good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                        Without a doubt. I come here largely to sponge knowledge of the rest of your hard work.
                        JCarlin, I'm like you and sponging. Have learned a lot here and at F&S

Comment

Originally posted by Pathfinder1 View Post
                          Hi...

By all means, ask away...You may get myriad different answers...However, there is a lot of info to be gleaned from same...!!

After digesting those answers, you just might be well enough informed to make your choice(s)...!!
                          Information is power when making choices, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                            Why not? You may heed or discard the advice. We should all be courteous in our responses.
                            Happy Miles, you are always courteous in your responses and I hold you as a great example to follow.

Comment

I would recommend a new person to ask away here but to also use other sources to make firearm decisions.

For example, I was just looking at YouTube to get info about the .17wsm

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X