Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OL magazines used to keep the final page or inside of the back cover reserved for a neat Q&A with a sports star, actor, or celebrity about their hunting/fishing stories. I personally met Henry Winkler with my OL issue he was in, and had him autograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Myles
    replied
    I have occasion to bump into a celebrity one in awhile, none of them hunt anymore. One told me his wife put so much pressure on him it was not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Okwaho
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
    Back in the day, Pat McManus stories were there. wish they'd find a replacement for him.
    There will never be another McManus. I re-read the book collections of his essays all the time. Someone at Field and Stream once referred to Bill Heavey as the next McManus and I wanted to puke.

Leave a comment:

• 4everAutumn
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
    Back in the day, Pat McManus stories were there. wish they'd find a replacement for him.
    I loved Pat McManus! I still call one of my friends Rancid Crabtree and he doesn't know why. Probably a good thing...

Leave a comment:

• charlie elk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Originally posted by Kody View Post
    I get the feeling that movie and TV personalities might not get invited to many Hollywood parties if they publicly endorse hunting. Their celebrity spouses would probably be forced to dump them or suffer the social consequences. Not to unfair about this situation consider the matter in a different light. If YOU had worked a lifetime to hone your craft (or business knowledge) and were about to assume the role ( or job) of a lifetime that came with a big pay cheque would you dodge that hunting question if it jeopardized your chances? Weighing your hunting hobby and philosophy against a lifetime of endeavor, mortgages, essential or just plain fun acquisitions, kid's college, your retirement and an uncertain future makes it a difficult choice. I practically preach hunting in this forum but if I stood to lose a contract by way of a CEO who objected to hunting and it would put half my staff out of work I would claim my hunting days were over. Yes, I would lie shamelessly because it would be selfish and irresponsible to do otherwise. Man, it is a complicated world we live in!
    Kody.
    Hollywood's active anti hunting culture today is sad but true. It may actually prevent an active hunter from getting a job on certain films

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    I get the feeling that movie and TV personalities might not get invited to many Hollywood parties if they publicly endorse hunting. Their celebrity spouses would probably be forced to dump them or suffer the social consequences. Not to unfair about this situation consider the matter in a different light. If YOU had worked a lifetime to hone your craft (or business knowledge) and were about to assume the role ( or job) of a lifetime that came with a big pay cheque would you dodge that hunting question if it jeopardized your chances? Weighing your hunting hobby and philosophy against a lifetime of endeavor, mortgages, essential or just plain fun acquisitions, kid's college, your retirement and an uncertain future makes it a difficult choice. I practically preach hunting in this forum but if I stood to lose a contract by way of a CEO who objected to hunting and it would put half my staff out of work I would claim my hunting days were over. Yes, I would lie shamelessly because it would be selfish and irresponsible to do otherwise. Man, it is a complicated world we live in!

Leave a comment:

• JM
    replied
    One guy is Matt Light. He has a foundation and brings kids out hunting. I know many other NFL/MLB players will make an appearance at hunts for special needs kids, etc. One big name in the would be Chipper Jones, but he's retired now. Another retired person would be Brett Favre. Tons of fisherman as well. During the world series this year Ned Yost(KC manager) mentioned he was looking forward to deer hunting.

Leave a comment:

• OL magazines used to keep the final page or inside of the back cover reserved for a neat Q&A with a sports star, actor, or celebrity about their hunting/fishing stories. I personally met Henry Winkler with my OL issue he was in, and had him autograph

OL magazines used to keep the final page or inside of the back cover reserved for a neat Q&A; with a sports star, actor, or celebrity about their hunting/fishing stories. I personally met Henry Winkler with my OL issue he was in, and had him autograph it (pictures in my username's photos). It's neat to see these folks who make all this money doing and enjoying the same things we do; makes them seem more "human". Since they went away with this, does any one know any cool sports stars or actors with some unique trophies or awesome hunting stories? I have seen a few videos of Dale Earnhardt hunting which were so neat to see. Since I am from Pittsburgh, Steeler's Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Keisel are HUGE hunters; always wearing their camo hats for interviews. Thanks all!

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
    by CD2
    Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
    08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
  • TriggerTech installed
    by fitch270
    First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
    08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
  • Aquila ammo test
    by dewman
    Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
    Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
    08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
  • Show and Tell
    by Amflyer
    Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
    08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
  • College Orientation News
    by fitch270
    Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
    07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X