Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gloves do you guys wear when hunting thick terrane, I wear really thin gloves so I can reload at the sacrifice of my hands, is there something thin that doesn't let briars through. We don't have dogs so we hunt by going into the thickest path we

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't generally wear gloves when I am walking unless it's extremely cold. Then I will wear thin wool or fleece gloves which don't provide much protection in briars. I bet a pair of Mechanix gloves would do wonders for you. They are thin leather and hold up to all kinds of abuse.

Comment

From what I learned not only from hunting but also my career that gloves are predominantly always in the way when you need to actual feel or grip something. That being said the best of all evils I've found is Mechanix gloves seem to be the best. Nowadays they make them with all this extra knuckle savers and rubber grip areas, which would be great for brush to save your outer hands. With the suede finish inside, it would probably be hard to snag or rip, and if you get them wet they dry fairly quickly, and are machine washable. As for in the cold, they hold their own with keeping the bitter freeze off your hands while walking into your stand or until you can throw your hands in your waist muff.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
        I love Manzellas bowhunters gloves. I use them for bowhunting, but they'd work good for gun hunting too. They're not going to stop aggressive briars, but I don't know anything that will except leather or fancy Kevlar gloves, and they won't be as nimble for reloading, etc.
        I don't need bowhunting gloves, I'm looking for something to stop thorns, the place we go grouse hunting is very thick and has poison thorns that sting really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by officerdom1987 View Post
          From what I learned not only from hunting but also my career that gloves are predominantly always in the way when you need to actual feel or grip something. That being said the best of all evils I've found is Mechanix gloves seem to be the best. Nowadays they make them with all this extra knuckle savers and rubber grip areas, which would be great for brush to save your outer hands. With the suede finish inside, it would probably be hard to snag or rip, and if you get them wet they dry fairly quickly, and are machine washable. As for in the cold, they hold their own with keeping the bitter freeze off your hands while walking into your stand or until you can throw your hands in your waist muff.
          I just saw these in a magazine of Popular Mechanics. Mechanix M-pact 4x gloves. Seems to be what everyone wants to have, leather for grip, rubber for ability to not get caught on the brush, suede inside, and mesh for breathability.

Comment

I keep a pair of unlined leather gloves in my vest that I'll wear as needed. I know some who wear batting gloves which seems to blend dexterity and protection pretty well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget