Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state would allow a hunter to hunt for the most(different types) of animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
    It can't be New York, but as I thought about it, I was kind of struck at just how long New York's list actually is:
    WILD TURKEY!
    Whitetail deer
    Black bear
    Snowshoe hare
    Cottontail rabbit
    Pheasant
    Ruffed grouse
    Woodcock
    Bobwhite quail
    Gray squirrel
    Fox squirrel
    Coyote
    Red Fox
    Grey Fox
    Bobcat
    Crow
    Snipe
    Gallinules
    Coot
    Rail
    Raccoon
    Possum
    Skunk
    Weasel
    Mink
    Muskrat
    Woodchuck
    Canada geese
    Various kinds of ducks
    Snapping turtles
    Frogs
    ... We have moose in the Adirondacks but not enough yet to warrant a hunting season.
    Made me realize an error in my own. Reptiles and amphibians are regulated by Fish and Boat and not Game Commission in PA, but I think that only then adds rattlers, snapping turtles, and bullfrogs to the list. I'm not positive, though.

Comment

Tioughnioga's post made me realize I neglected reptiles and amphibians here in PA, as they're not regulated by the PGC, but PFBC (Fish and Boat). I don't have time to check right at the moment, but that would add, bullfrogs, snappers, and rattle snakes.
      On top of that I think I neglected ruffed grouse and woodcock. I'm not sure how, I was going through the hunting regs for the initial list.

(see what happens when you don't give a full list, it's harder for people to dispute the facts).

But that brings me up to 26. I still suspect someplace with more variety of deer down south, or a that has moose, goats, and sheep would surely take the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
        It can't be New York, but as I thought about it, I was kind of struck at just how long New York's list actually is:
        WILD TURKEY!
        Whitetail deer
        Black bear
        Snowshoe hare
        Cottontail rabbit
        Pheasant
        Ruffed grouse
        Woodcock
        Bobwhite quail
        Gray squirrel
        Fox squirrel
        Coyote
        Red Fox
        Grey Fox
        Bobcat
        Crow
        Snipe
        Gallinules
        Coot
        Rail
        Raccoon
        Possum
        Skunk
        Weasel
        Mink
        Muskrat
        Woodchuck
        Canada geese
        Various kinds of ducks
        Snapping turtles
        Frogs
        ... We have moose in the Adirondacks but not enough yet to warrant a hunting season.
        Feel free to edit your list. Turkeys are important birds, in my humble turkey dog's opinion. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
          I would have to say Texas. Given the wide variety of exotics that they raise for hunting on private ranches along with native game and varmints. Then you throw in waterfowl, two varieties of doves, and other game birds. JM, do you know the answer?
          Agreed, Texas is probably tops because of the exotics.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Blade Stain
            by jhjimbo
            Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
            Today, 11:40 AM
          • Home Defense
            by jhjimbo
            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
            10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
          • Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
          • Reloading Gear Order
            by fitch270
            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
            by dewman
            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X