Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pleasant surprise-Nebraska game department sent me a Christmas card that included thanks for hunting their state. Do any other DNR / game departments do that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pleasant surprise-Nebraska game department sent me a Christmas card that included thanks for hunting their state. Do any other DNR / game departments do that?

A pleasant surprise-Nebraska game department sent me a Christmas card that included thanks for hunting their state. Do any other DNR / game departments do that?

I get emails from Minnesota as a thanks and a heads-up for upcoming hunting opportunities, but I've never gotten anything from other states. There is only so much money out there and the card sure seems like good business.

Comment

Originally posted by 4everAutumn View Post
      I get emails from Minnesota as a thanks and a heads-up for upcoming hunting opportunities, but I've never gotten anything from other states. There is only so much money out there and the card sure seems like good business.
      Nothing from Ohio, I get my Lifetime license from New York in the mail.

Comment

Nothing here from New Jersey or any other state or province I hunted in the past.
        Nebraska must have extra funds to mail out Christmas Cards to their hunters.

Comment

I've never seen a Christmas card, but my state does give very attractive pins and/or patches when you participate in a survey program.

Comment

Haha. That would involve spending money that they do not want to spend. Pretty cool that Nebraska would do that. Maybe I will think about an out-of-state hunting permit at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
              Haha. That would involve spending money that they do not want to spend. Pretty cool that Nebraska would do that. Maybe I will think about an out-of-state hunting permit at some point.
              It was a nice touch to know they appreciate the "business". NE folks are always ready to help an out of state hunters. They might just be the best DNR in the nation. Plus the hunting can be really good and NE has one of the earlier turkey seasons.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget