Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good tips for staying warm and alert while hunting in cold weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    UnderArmor long jons, ArcticShield Booties, Hand Muffler, Wool scarf, Balacalva if really cold, Filson Double Mackinaw parka, Filson vest,
    Carhartt camo pants or Filson bibs if really cold. Gloves are ArcticShield. I use dry handwarmers and also some Jon-E. Usually good down to 10 deg. or lower. Colder than that and I am back to camp
    sipping some Ancient Age.
    I forgot to add I use this heater. I start it at camp and take it on the 4 wheeler. I also take some extra charcoal so it will run all day. It has a lid to transporting and the outside stays cool.
    The company also sells a wool parka to have the heater right insise for extreme cold.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/charheat-heater?a=403594

Leave a comment:

• 4everAutumn
    replied
    I have no problem keeping my body warm, but my hands and feet are always cold. I have an insulated muff for my hands that I put hand warmer packets in and I just keep my hands in it until I need to shoot. If it's really cold, I just put a couple more hand warmers in. I also have insulated boot blankets for my feet. They are basically over-sized cloth boots that slip over your normal footwear. I put hand warmer packets inside the boot blankets on the outside of my boots and they keep my feet warm in just about any temp. As soon as I get cold, the hunt is pretty much over because I start paying more attention to that and less to what I should be.

Leave a comment:

• Any good tips for staying warm and alert while hunting in cold weather?

Any good tips for staying warm and alert while hunting in cold weather?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
    by CD2
    Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
    Yesterday, 06:22 PM
  • TriggerTech installed
    by fitch270
    First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
    08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
  • Aquila ammo test
    by dewman
    Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
    Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
    08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
  • Show and Tell
    by Amflyer
    Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
    08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
  • College Orientation News
    by fitch270
    Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
    07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X