Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your upcoming hunting/fishing plans? Any exciting trips/destinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your upcoming hunting/fishing plans? Any exciting trips/destinations?

What are your upcoming hunting/fishing plans? Any exciting trips/destinations?

The trip I look forward to probably more than any each year is coming up next weekend. My best friend and my boys get rooms in a dirty hotel in southern Iowa and bow hunt. We hunt during the daylight, those of us of age have a few beers and we'll watch football at night. More than anything, we re-tell the same stupid stories and laugh until it hurts. Come Monday, we drag ourselves back to work and start planning for next year.

Comment

I live in Ohio and I am going deer hunting (shotgun) on opening day (Nov. 22). I am especially excited this year because I have some good sized bucks to choose from. And if the bucks don't cooperate, there are plenty of does to go around!
      Attached Files

Comment

@4ever,
        Sounds like a good time. Hopefully the tradition continues until everyone is old enough to crack one open.
        @kes121,
        Best of luck. I would be more than happy to see one of those walking by!
        - To answer my own question; rifle season starts on the 15th. I am looking forward to all of the family and friends that will be here.

Comment

JM: I think I've said it before, but the farm we hunt is a stone's throw from Missouri. We can hear the action from there. Its always fun to sit on stand and wonder if the shots I hear connected with the intended target. Hunt safe and good luck! By the way, my youngest will be old enough to crack one with us soon enough. Life goes by so scary fast...

Comment

I had a similar situation last weekend. Youth season was open and I was bow hunting. Couldn't help but imagine the emotions on the other end of the shots I heard. We're a little bit too far south for you to hear any of our shots though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes4815162342 View Post
              I live in Ohio and I am going deer hunting (shotgun) on opening day (Nov. 22). I am especially excited this year because I have some good sized bucks to choose from. And if the bucks don't cooperate, there are plenty of does to go around!
              Nice pictures. I will be out Dec 1. Good luck.

Comment

Some late season pheasant hunting in Iowa and a really late season (Jan) Nebraska pheasant/quail hunt.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X