Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget hunting with falcons; How about golden eagles for wolves? Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Re644qgnCtw#!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget hunting with falcons; How about golden eagles for wolves? Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Re644qgnCtw#!

Forget hunting with falcons; How about golden eagles for wolves? Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v;=Re644qgnCtw#!

I've seen falconry in person; I can only imagine the damage an eagle could do. Have you seen the people who train cheetah's to hunt down full grown African animals?

Comment

JM, I've seen the videos of cheetahs taking down African antelope but my circle does not have members who own cheetahs.
      Years ago while hunting in Colorado I met some hounds men using Greyhounds and Wolfhounds to reduce the coyote population in the foothills near Estes Park. Their dogs were very well trained, it was interesting to watch but not something I care to put the effort into.
      There are all kinds of legal hunting tactics that go on under radar which are down right interesting.
      WI allows hounds for wolf hunting: I can only imagine the uproar if one was to use an eagle to hunt them. An eagle would be legal, IF, you could manage to get the permits to own a Golden Eagle. These eagles are a common sight in my area. On 2 occasions I've seen them take down coyotes. When the eagle hits the coyote I have wondered who will win, in both cases the eagle won coyote dinner.
      later,
      charlie

Comment

It's hard to even imagine a bird being able to take down a wolf! That is some incredible video. I wonder how many eagles they lose during hunting. In the video, it looked like the wolf that had the two eagles on it was holding its own pretty well. It never really showed the outcome of that match. It did look like the trainers moved in pretty fast though.

Comment

Wow! I thought eagles killed only fawns and lambs. If they can kill a wolf then coyotes are also prey animals. Great News! Gary

Comment

That's a common belief LovesOutdoors. Nature shows have done an excellent job of establishing narratives about how animals live, how and what they prey on; frequently not a correct one.
            At a local National Eagle Center an Expert Eagle Technician explained to my grandkids that Bald Eagles only eat fish. Upon inquiry where this tidbit of info came from she presented me with reams of Federal brochures.
            When we showed photos of flocks of eagles picking through manure fields on the hilltops right above the Eagle Center...
            She accused me of photo shopping them. (sigh)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
              by jhjimbo
              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
            • Spur of the moment rifle
              by Amflyer
              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
            • The $20 Shooting Shack
              by fitch270
              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
            • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
              by dewman
              one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
              09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
            • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
              by dewman
              So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
              09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X