Couple trail cam pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple trail cam pics

7626908A-1BB5-4BF3-B371-3CB3DFD01785.jpegD60DE2A8-DAB3-4223-B82D-DA0CBEFC1071.jpeg Might start some fresh topics even if I’m just getting mileage out of the kid’s success. Couple shots to give you an idea of what the buck looked like before he hit the ground. The kid wanted this one BAD.

That is a nice buck. I would have wanted it too!

Comment

I realize it is a minority opinion, but I’m not at all interested in going after a big buck. I think it’s great that others get enjoyment from doing so, but does and youngsters for me please.

To get back on topic, it is a really nice deer Fitch and I’m happy for your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Angus View Post
        I realize it is a minority opinion, but I’m not at all interested in going after a big buck. I think it’s great that others get enjoyment from doing so, but does and youngsters for me please.

To get back on topic, it is a really nice deer Fitch and I’m happy for your son.
        I can certainly understand that way of thinking RA.

I'm curios, how much venison do you eat compared to beef and do you have a preference or enjoy each for its own sake?

Usually in our Hunter Ed classes we'll ask around the room "Why are you here?". A few years back one 30 something gal replied plainly that she and her husband raised beef to sell and every pound of venison the family ate meant one pound of beef they could sell. It was a very honest answer from someone who obviously knew what it took to put meat on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I can certainly understand that way of thinking RA.

I'm curios, how much venison do you eat compared to beef and do you have a preference or enjoy each for its own sake?

Usually in our Hunter Ed classes we'll ask around the room "Why are you here?". A few years back one 30 something gal replied plainly that she and her husband raised beef to sell and every pound of venison the family ate meant one pound of beef they could sell. It was a very honest answer from someone who obviously knew what it took to put meat on the table.
          I eat a more beef than venison, I couldn’t tell what the ratio is though. I enjoy each for its own sake.

Comment

I really don't like the taste of venison. I hunt for the challenge and for an excuse to be in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              I really don't like the taste of venison. I hunt for the challenge and for an excuse to be in the woods.
              PH my OL pal, its in the attention to meat. IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1653.JPG And how you prep it.

Comment

It's hard to explain, I prefer beef to venison really, and don't enjoy the butchering process either. That said I get much more satisfaction out of eating deer than what we buy from the store. Garden is similar, except what comes out of that is much better than store bought. Pride of ownership I guess.

Comment

Venison is not for everyone, and maybe even less if they are told beforehand what they are eating. But if a newbie gets a bad taste of venison, there will very seldom ever be a second meal taken ! Of course preparation is very important, but even more so is the handling in the field and while at the processor ! In my experience, I have found gender and age to be also important, but others differ on this.

Comment

Everyone has their own tastes; that's what makes the world an interesting place. The best thing I ever learned about meat was not to cook it so long. Venison,especially, is completely wasted for me if it is past medium rare.
                    Last edited by Amflyer; 10-09-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                      Everyone has their own tastes; that's what makes the world an interesting place. The best thing I ever learned about meat, was not to cook it so long. Venison, especially, is completely wasted for me if it is past medium rare.
                      Hear! Hear!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget