Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've heard that wearing a wedding ring while bowhunting can be enough to give you away. Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard that wearing a wedding ring while bowhunting can be enough to give you away. Is this true?

I've heard that wearing a wedding ring while bowhunting can be enough to give you away. Is this true?

It's never been tested. No one who has ever gotten married has made it to the woods again.
    Honestly, I don't know that the glint is that bad, but I have made metal on metal sounds with my hands when my ring glanced of a crossbar or off of my release. A lost ring fishing years ago generally has me leave it at home anyway.

Comment

Nooo
      I have been married for 35 years and hunt all the time with my ring on. Couldn't get it off if I wanted to.
      jcarlin, sounds like you had some explaining to do after that fishing trip.

Comment

Charlie,

My Bride of 21 days was suprisingly understanding.

Comment

I've accidently tapped my ring on my treestand. You'd be surprised how loud that sounds when the woods are quiet. I don't know for sure, but I doubt if a deer would see your ring unless you are in direct sunlight. You can always wear a glove on your left hand.

Comment

If the game can see your ring, it can see your whole hand, and your hands are one of the most visible part of your body since they are light colored (on us caucasians) and are moved to draw the bow or raise the gun. I'm not a bowhunter, but in spring turkey hunting, my camo gloves are a vital part of my equipment along with my face mask. I even carry a spare set.

Seadog is right about banging the ring against something---I hadn't thought about that.

Comment

The military has an old teaching Noise Light and Litter discipline.

Noise: Silence it by tape, tiedowns, or padding. (Rings metal on metal clanks)
              Light: Cover it, Camo it or paint it. (Rings reflect light)
              Litter: Trash, Debris (N/A)

I wear mine out to my hunting AO and leave it in the truck

Comment

no wear your ring!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                  by Ernie
                  I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                  hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                  10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X