Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am starting my first bow season next month and before I go into the woods, I need some broadheads. What are better fixed broad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am starting my first bow season next month and before I go into the woods, I need some broadheads. What are better fixed broad

I am starting my first bow season next month and before I go into the woods, I need some broadheads. What are better fixed broadheads or mechanical?

I personally shoot fixed, muzzy 3 blade 100 grains. Some say mechanicals are better some say the other way.

Comment

Starting out I'd stick with a cut on contact broadhead. I think most people go with mechanical broadheads because they tend to fly pretty close to their field points. If you have a tuned bow you should be able to find a fixed broadhead that flies close to you field points. If they do strike differently but still group accurately then you can adjust your sights to the broadheads.

Comment

I shoot the fixed blade Crimson Talons 150 grain. The offset blades are devastating!

Comment

this my first bow season too ive got g5 montecs 125grain i think mechanicals are a pain

Comment

mechanicals can be a little tricky. Sometimes the rubber band holding them shut can break or they can randomly open in flight. I'd stick with fixed blades.

Comment

Mechanicals are my choice. They fly great, just like my field points. I prefer spitfire mech. No rubber band and they have always opened on contact

Comment

For a beginner i would always try fixed

Comment

muzzy 4 blade

Comment

im only 13 and i use 3 blade rage mechanical broadheads

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                      by Scott123
                      Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                      Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                    • Blade Stain
                      by jhjimbo
                      Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                      Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                    • Home Defense
                      by jhjimbo
                      If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                      10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                    • Pay it forward
                      by fitch270
                      I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                      10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                    • Reloading Gear Order
                      by fitch270
                      I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                      10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X