Bear has the Mag out for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear has the Mag out for 2021

Was looking at a Samick Discovery but with Bear coming out with the Mag again, will get the A handle and #1 limbs.
    Want a 45-50# rig, 56" for treestand work.

Will be up in a tree tomorrow morning w my 58" Blackwidow HS.
    Went in at midday to just check old stands.
    Saw a flicker and moved in, yup..........doe at 30 yards. Bedded.

Too thick and green, no shot.
    Wouldn't anyway, not w trad.

Couldnt get closer.

But hey, walk up on a deer 15 minutes into the woods.

Still not 100% but climbed up, checked stand for safety, good to go.
    Will be up in it tomorrow morning.

https://beararchery.com/bows/mag-riser-a21mrarfb

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    Was looking at a Samick Discovery but with Bear coming out with the Mag again, will get the A handle and #1 limbs.
    Want a 45-50# rig, 56" for treestand work.

Will be up in a tree tomorrow morning w my 58" Blackwidow HS.
    Went in at midday to just check old stands.
    Saw a flicker and moved in, yup..........doe at 30 yards. Bedded.

Too thick and green, no shot.
    Wouldn't anyway, not w trad.

Couldnt get closer.

But hey, walk up on a deer 15 minutes into the woods.

Still not 100% but climbed up, checked stand for safety, good to go.
    Will be up in it tomorrow morning.

https://beararchery.com/bows/mag-riser-a21mrarfb
    Am still stuck in Germany ! There is a backdoor chance I can get a flight into Chicago later in the month and catch a ride back to Michigan, but that is hanging by a thread ! If I don’t make it, pull the string on one for me, wishing you the best ! Nice to read that you will be sitting with the recurve, no better way to hunt !!

Comment

Did some yard work, kinda over did it.
      Shot a few arrows after, did OK.
      See if I can't get something close tomorrow.
      So thick I can't shoot past 20 anyway from my creek stand.

Took allergy meds and am going to bed. Be in a tree before sunup.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Am still stuck in Germany ! There is a backdoor chance I can get a flight into Chicago later in the month and catch a ride back to Michigan, but that is hanging by a thread ! If I don’t make it, pull the string on one for me, wishing you the best ! Nice to read that you will be sitting with the recurve, no better way to hunt !!
        Richard, do you have any interest in hunting in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Richard, do you have any interest in hunting in Europe?
          None PH ! Bowhunting in Germany is verboten ! I have been on several hunts here in the past, but only as a pusher on boar hunts. Have two friends that I have been on hunts with, sitting in shooting blinds with them. Thru them, got to know others pretty well and have been offered the chance to shot a rhea (deer) on stand, but since it was with a rifle, I declined. Hunting here is pretty much different than in America and I really have no interest in killing anything here. There is virtually no public land here, any hunting being done on leasing only. Farming is in small parcels and several landowners go together in a group and lease their parcels on a yearly basis. A good lease of some 150-200 acres will run about 4-5,000 euro. But that is not the extent of payment. At the end of the year, the land owners determine the amount of crop damage done by pigs, and then pass that onto the hunters also. And any game that is taken, pigs or deer have to be paid for by the hunter. He can keep the game, pay for it himself, or sell it in order to pay the charges. All in all, a very idiotic concept. Needless to say, hunting is a rich man’s sport here !! I have had some very interesting happenings on some boar hunts, coming close a few times to getting myself really close and personal to some boars that were not pleased with my presence. Being a pusher for boars is a tough job in the thickets and briars that they must be forced from. The thorns on the briars here are 3/8’s of an inch long and can tie a pusher up to where any movement is very difficult. It is then danger from a attacking boar is the worst. I have come out of some patches bleeding pretty badly from thorn cuts, but luckily not from boars !
          Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 10-04-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

None PH ! Bowhunting in Germany is verboten ! I have been on several hunts here in the past, but only as a pusher on boar hunts. Have two friends that I have been on hunts with, sitting in shooting blinds with them. Thru them, got to know others pretty well and have been offered the chance to shot a rhea (deer) on stand, but since it was with a rifle, I declined. Hunting here is pretty much different than in America and I really have no interest in killing anything here. There is virtually no public land here, any hunting being done on leasing only. Farming is in small parcels and several landowners go together in a group and lease their parcels on a yearly basis. A good lease of some 150-200 acres will run about 4-5,000 euro. But that is not the extent of payment. At the end of the year, the land owners determine the amount of crop damage done by pigs, and then pass that onto the hunters also. And any game that is taken, pigs or deer have to be paid for by the hunter. He can keep the game, pay for it himself, or sell it in order to pay the charges. All in all, a very idiotic concept. Needless to say, hunting is a rich man’s sport here !! I have had some very interesting happenings on some boar hunts, coming close a few times to getting myself really close and personal to some boars that were not pleased with my presence. Being a pusher for boars is a tough job in the thickets and briars that they must be forced from. The thorns on the briars here are 3/8’s of an inch long and can tie a pusher up to where any movement is very difficult. It is then danger from a attacking boar is the worst. I have come out of some patches bleeding pretty badly from thorn cuts, but luckily not from boars !
            Very interesting! I would enjoy being a pusher at least once just to participate in the hunt. What about other countries such as Austria, Hungary, Croatia, or Romania?

Comment

Hunting is very common in several European countries, and most have less regulations than what is experienced in Germany. Many even allow bowhunting. Several of the countries have very extensive rituals after successful hunts, much honor with bugles, very nice tunes being played. Animals in Germany are placed on a bed of pine boughs with a bough also placed in the mouth ! Homage is paid thru a quiet moment and respect is always shown ! The four countries you mentioned are all well hunted. Part of my family here is from Croatia and I know from them their connections. With my advancing age, I have not been a pusher for a few years now, but, yes it was very interesting, nice bunch of people, very fine guns, and some good looking dogs. Did see one dog killed by a boar, not a happy time !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget