Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bow or type of bow recorded the most deer harvested(Crossbow or a Compound)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bow or type of bow recorded the most deer harvested(Crossbow or a Compound)

Which bow or type of bow recorded the most deer harvested(Crossbow or a Compound)

I don't know of any state that tallies that, as most don't even keep track of longbow versus compound, It all falls under archery, i Believe, in most states.

Comment

Bo's right but I'm going to say compound, with crossbows catching up.

Comment

AFTER checking kentucky fish wildlife site, they didn;t give a total tally / but by checkig several of the most high deer kill counties i w surprised that compounds out harvested crosbows more than 16 to one . a couple counties had over two hundred compound kils to only 11 to 14 crossbows.as far as i'm concerned cross bow harvest is negligble to deer hunting .I'm sure there's more killed by cars.SO if you choose to use a crossbow good luck to ya,more humane than a PONTIAC .

Comment

6phunter, you are right, any way a hunter takes a deer is more humane than being killed by a Pontiac or my Ford 4x4 PU. It only makes sense that compounds kill more deer because that is the most accepted version of bow for now. Most states that I am familiar with have a lot of restrictions on who can use a crossbow, so I don't know why the anti-crossbow people have their panties in such a wad.

Comment

To Bo, the same reason why "traditional" muzzle loader folks hate in lines, more people in the woods.

Comment

Big O, I understand the surface reasons. It's jealousy from people who should be applauding that there are more people who are joining the ranks of hunters. We are going to find ourselves increasingly under attack and we have turncoats and exclusivists in our ranks who are doing everything they can to keep those people out. The only way we will survive the coming attack is to have the numbers that cannot be defeated if it comes to a vote. Every act that serves to separate us into factions serves to weaken us as a voting bloc. As I have pointed out several times Ben Franklin summed up what we must do. "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."?

Comment

Well the question was between compounds and crossbows. I'd have to say probably crossbows because they have been around for about a thousand years longer than the compound. I'd be curious to know the ratio during the time that both were being used though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun cleaning patch tip
                  by fitch270
                  So I’m reorganizing the gun bench and notice the mock turtleneck shirt I’ve kept around for cutting into cleaning patches. Good 100% cotton fabric...
                  Today, 03:36 PM
                • 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
                  by Ernie
                  Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
                • Outdoor Life archives
                  by Scott123
                  Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                  10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
                • Blade Stain
                  by jhjimbo
                  Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                  10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
                • Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  10-20-2020, 02:15 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X