Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'LL be out picking blackberries soon,and wandering along dry creekbeds searching for indian atrifacts, meeting landowners all t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'LL be out picking blackberries soon,and wandering along dry creekbeds searching for indian atrifacts, meeting landowners all t

i'LL be out picking blackberries soon,and wandering along dry creekbeds searching for indian atrifacts, meeting landowners all the while keeping in mind deer season approaching .How's your preseason searches going?I've only leased land to hunt once, one dollar for four hundred acres in far western Kentucky.Sometimes the slow low approach can open gates that others find locked.

luckily I get to hunt on my own property but this brings up a good point even though its only July, fall is coming quick ad that also brings hunting season (deer, upland, waterfowl, etc.) but what most people are forgetting the deer might not be acting the same and may hang around more in different areas. what I'm trying to say is people should either ask the people who are letting them hunt on there land and ask if you could go out into a blind, stand, etc. and sit there a couple hours to see how the deer are acting and if you have to be adjusting to find the deer and where the are hanging out. if you don't care to be bringing out your stands and blinds etc. you could just walk round the woods. overall just get out and enjoy the great outdoors and while your at it and see any deer just put a mental mark in your head on where they were and how they were acting ad eating. have fun!

Comment

-Good luck finding some good land to hunt on.
      -If you find any cool artifacts can you post a picture on OutdoorLife?

Comment

I do most of my hunting on either public land, or private land that friends own, so I don't have a lot of turnover as far as hunting spots go. In fact, I'm doing more and more of my hunting on public land, because in my part of the country, if you can get 1/2 mile from the parking lot, or up a steep hill, you'll lose 90% of other public-land hunters. And private land around here is becoming more overrun with recreational 4-wheelerers, horse back riders, etc., to the point that a lot of public land actually sees less human activity.

Comment

While at camp I saw 6 or 8 deer including a few fawns.
          Did not hear any coyotes so things are looking good so far. September will be the first to go in the woods - too much undergrowth now to see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by blake g View Post
            luckily I get to hunt on my own property but this brings up a good point even though its only July, fall is coming quick ad that also brings hunting season (deer, upland, waterfowl, etc.) but what most people are forgetting the deer might not be acting the same and may hang around more in different areas. what I'm trying to say is people should either ask the people who are letting them hunt on there land and ask if you could go out into a blind, stand, etc. and sit there a couple hours to see how the deer are acting and if you have to be adjusting to find the deer and where the are hanging out. if you don't care to be bringing out your stands and blinds etc. you could just walk round the woods. overall just get out and enjoy the great outdoors and while your at it and see any deer just put a mental mark in your head on where they were and how they were acting ad eating. have fun!
            All very good points.

Comment

I've hunted in Southern Kentucky and found it to be much different from hunting in Alabama. Your gun season is so short that the deer are not as spooked. Combine that with less undergrowth and it's easy to see where you may find more deer in the summer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                I've hunted in Southern Kentucky and found it to be much different from hunting in Alabama. Your gun season is so short that the deer are not as spooked. Combine that with less undergrowth and it's easy to see where you may find more deer in the summer.
                This was mid October - July is worse.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                  by dewman
                  Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                  Yesterday, 08:40 AM
                • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                  by dewman
                  Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                  Yesterday, 07:59 AM
                • What is taking so long ?
                  by jhjimbo
                  Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                  09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
                • Burn cream
                  by CD2
                  Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                  No longer does.
                  Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                  Bargain.

Got...
                  09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
                • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                  by dewman
                  So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                  09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X