Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever split an arrow with a compound bow? 2 days ago I split one at 15 yards. I was shocked! Now they are ontop of my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever split an arrow with a compound bow? 2 days ago I split one at 15 yards. I was shocked! Now they are ontop of my

Has anyone ever split an arrow with a compound bow? 2 days ago I split one at 15 yards. I was shocked! Now they are ontop of my deer's antlers.

That's how you know your shooting tight groups,and why a lot of shooters shoot at different targets.IT'S kind of like two shotgunners shooting at the same bird ,both never hearing the other shoot.Although it's not done often it happens enough not to be rare. CONGRATS ON YOUR ROBBIN HOOD.

Comment

-Congrats!
      -Closest I have come is shooting the nock of of another arrow(aluminum shaft so I do not know if a carbon shaft would of split). Like 6phunter touched on, I try my best NOT to shoot my own arrows(not that I could even if I tried) so that I do not have to repair them.

Comment

Yep, I did it once, at 30 yards. The second arrow went about halfway through the shaft of the first one before splitting out the side. To be honest, I wasn't too happy about it, even though it was my first Robin Hood, seemed like a waste of a perfectly good arrow to me!

Comment

Congrats on robin hood! Ive done it twice both times I was excited until I realized it was a little expensive 10 bucks for carbon express mayhem and another 9 for carbon express lazer eye. BUT IT WAS VERY COOL!

Comment

i did from 20 yards i never thought i would ever do it

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Now That's Service
              by jhjimbo
              Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
              Today, 07:57 PM
            • Lost some cover; pic heavy
              by fitch270
              ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
              Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            • Covid-19
              by jhjimbo
              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
            • Spur of the moment rifle
              by Amflyer
              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
            • The $20 Shooting Shack
              by fitch270
              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X