Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of bow do you use and do you like it. I have heard that a skinnier grip is better.????THANKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of bow do you use and do you like it. I have heard that a skinnier grip is better.????THANKS!!!!

What type of bow do you use and do you like it. I have heard that a skinnier grip is better.????THANKS!!!!

I use a Hoyt Carbon Matrix. I love the bow. As far as grips go I think it depends on the persons preference. Try to shoot different bows and see which type of grip you enjoy the most.

Comment

Well it mainly depends on what you are expecting from the bow as far as model. As far as brand, Hoyt is a very popular brand, and used by many of my friends and colleges. I however love Diamond/Bowtech and have used it all my life. It is a very reliable brand and i would recomend it. as far as the grip i cant help you. Good luck!

Comment

I shoot a Bowtech VTX Extreme and I love it, the grip is small and it works for me.

Comment

I have a PSE compund I bought in 1990. The grip, IMO, depends on what is comfortable for you.

Comment

I use a Reflex Growler, and it's a good bow, although I probably wouldn't buy it again. Reflex's were made by Hoyt, until they started out-selling the Hoyt lineup, then Hoyt dropped production.
            As far as the grip is concerned, you are correct, in general a slender grip is better, and the grip on mine is one of the best I've used. I think most bow companies make good grips nowadays, with the possible exception of Mathews.

Comment

I shoot an older Hoyt Ultramag, not the most current technology but it still brings down animals. As far as the grip goes it all boils down to what you are comfortable with, accuracy is not determined by the grip alone, it is the shooters repeated use of proper fundamentals. Remember, practice alone does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. JM, I gave you a +1 to balance you out, looks like you got the bad end of a Hoyt hater.

Comment

PSE Stinger....love it!!!!!

Comment

They can hate on Hoyt all they want ORbowhunter. If they want to come target practice with me I will just shoot the nocks off of all their arrows ;].

Comment

Once again JM is right on target,There are lots of good bows on the market.Find one that suits you and learn it,the name on the bow won;t shoot bull eyes.ONLY YOU AND LOT'S OF LEARNED PRACTICE.

Comment

I have bows with thin grips and bows with thick grips. I shoot both well but if I had to choose I would go with thin grips. It gives a better feel sitting in the palm of your hand. Conventional wisdom will say the thicker grips are more solid but I do not feel this is true.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                        by fitch270
                        Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                        09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                      • Grips and stocks
                        by dewman
                        so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                        09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                      • Youth pheasant hike
                        by fitch270
                        Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                        09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                      • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                        by fitch270
                        Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                        09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                      • Unusual Sound
                        by jhjimbo
                        At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                        09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X