Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am new at bowhunting, dose anyone know what broadheads are best for hoyt bows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am new at bowhunting, dose anyone know what broadheads are best for hoyt bows??

i am new at bowhunting, dose anyone know what broadheads are best for hoyt bows??

I also use a hoyt bow ,after using lots of different broadheads i've came to rely on wasp broaheads,this past season i tried the rage expandable and i was impressed with it's performance. I encountered no problems with itand i can easily switch to field points without changing my sights, find or try these points but be sure to have confidence in any broadhead that you determine suits you best .

Comment

there really is not a certain broad head for a certain bow, i have tried every thing from very expensive ones to dirt cheap ones and i still like the cheap 7 dollar (for 3) easton broadheads from walmart

Comment

I agree with Deadeyedave - I think the most important thing is that you can shoot accurately in a reproducible manner. You can use the most expensive or most highly rated boradhead around, but if you can't shoot or you aren't consistent it doesn't matter.

Comment

I agree everyone is right on but I prefer to use Muzzy 100 gr or montec g5 I still hav'nt made up my mind which I like best but both fly true and realy cut deep. No use in having a nice bow and skimping on the part that matters alot that being the arrow and the broadhead. If they don't fly true or cut deep then their is no point in using them.

Comment

I use the montec g5's the 125 grain, but thats me. Bow Hunting is so much more personal than rifle hunting, so its what you prefer. You can spend $35.00 on crimson talon $49.00 on the G5's or what not. Its all up to you, really what I would do is just try it, there is not better experiance than doing the real thing. As far as mechanical broadheads the ones that open up in flight I do not like or use, I like fixed blade broadheads. I have personally seen that the mechanical ones sometimes fail when it matters most.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X