Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Rage 2 blades? Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the Rage 2 blades? Yay or Nay?

Anyone tried the Rage 2 blades? Yay or Nay?

Smitty, I have been kicking it around for awhile now, But I have yet to try them. I don't want to change my set up now it works good for me. It ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

Smitty, you going for a smoothie Saturday or are you holding out for a buck? Last year I wacked a doe at 8am, I want to hold out for a buck but I don't know? I'm out of deer meat and those back straps are sounding good.

Comment

Nay. They have poor exit holes and open prematurely.

Comment

Nay. I haven't used them myself, but a friend used them one year and they cost him a nice buck because the blades opened in flight, causing the arrow to hit the ground halfway to the deer. I have also seen significant penetration problems on other deer shot with them - only 8-10 inches of penetration on perfect, behind-the-shoulder hits.

Comment

25-06,
            I too am out of meat and some straps and tender loins sound awfully good! I would like to save my doe tags for shooting with the flintlock but i would not want to be a big old doe that comes within 30 yards of me.

Comment

Stick with a Muzzy or Thunderheads. They won't do you wrong. I killed bull elks & muleys with these 2 heads. Never let me down.

Comment

My friend used them this elk season and hit a big bull in the neck. The bull ran for a quarter mile before any blood dropped and it was half the size of dime. About 200 yards after that it started dropping blood with every step but also very small. We followed the blood another quarter mile up a mountain before there was a big splatter where the animal had looked around towards it's back. Then nothing again for about 100 yds. Followed another 200 yds and then the trail disappeared into several well used game trails at the top of the mountain. He will never use those on elk again. we looked for 3days for that animal and never saw any evidence that he was slowing down. Maybe a 3 blade would have done more damage.

Comment

ive shot every deer with a rage 2 blade. ive had zero problems with premature opening. the exit holes are massive and the blood trails are unreal. but its the hunter, not the broadhead. you can kill deer with a field tip if you put it in the right spot. its all about preference. go shoot some first hand and see how they fly for your bow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                    by fitch270
                    ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                    Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  • Covid-19
                    by jhjimbo
                    Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                    09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                  • Spur of the moment rifle
                    by Amflyer
                    I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                    09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                  • The $20 Shooting Shack
                    by fitch270
                    So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                    09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                  • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                    by dewman
                    one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                    09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X