Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new to bowhunting and i was wondering do u shoot with both eyes open or only one open? thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to bowhunting and i was wondering do u shoot with both eyes open or only one open? thanks

I'm new to bowhunting and i was wondering do u shoot with both eyes open or only one open? thanks

Well, I shoot with one eye open, but some people use both eyes. I would use whatever is comfortable. Happy Hunting!

Comment

It depends on which eye is dominant, if your dominant eye is the same as your dominant hand you can shoot with both eyes open. My dominant eye and dominant hand are opposite so I have to close one eye or else I can't hit anything. Good Luck!

Comment

Having both eyes open gives you lots of advantages and can be learned in a matter of a few days of heavy shooting.

Comment

You get a larger field of view shooting with both eyes open, but it has to be second nature to you, with practice it can be done with time spent at the range like Ishi said.

Comment

I normaly use just my one eye but two is fine.

Comment

bowling,tennis,or baseball you always use both eyes. So why use only one while shooting?although you concentrate with one eye. both eyes allow for better depth perception and quicker target pickup.

Comment

I started using one eye becuase thats what my dad did, then i tried both eyes. Its does help with the gerneral field of sight, but for me it does help to switch on and off, just becuase at longer distances my pins get to blurry to be acurate.

Comment

I usually use both eyes, although I have used one for hardcore target shooting, as it forces you to concentrate harder. I never use one for hunting though, too restricting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget