Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I match my arrows to my bow? I'm shooting an AR37 at 60lbs. If I can't match up my previous arrows like I can't seem to d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I match my arrows to my bow? I'm shooting an AR37 at 60lbs. If I can't match up my previous arrows like I can't seem to d

How do I match my arrows to my bow? I'm shooting an AR37 at 60lbs. If I can't match up my previous arrows like I can't seem to do, I want to make sure I get the right ones for my setup. I don't even know if my previous ones were right because I got them used when I first started. They shoot good but I learned that when it comes to archery hunting cheap isnt always better.

i never heard of matching them.. heavy ones have more kengery but are bad at accuracy.. i would shoot low to med weight arrows n c which ones work. (u might be able to return them. when buying guns and bow/bow equ. you get what u paid for.. the higher the price the better the quality.

Comment

It sounds like you need to talk to the guys at your archery shop. If it were me, I'd start over with the best quality shafts that fit your budget--I like carbon arrows but I won't dis aluminum. Don't worry about matching the weight to your old arrows--talk it over with the pro at your archery shop & decide on what best suits your needs. Match the shaft to your draw legnth--they can cut them for you if you don't want to do it and it might be best to let them help you determine your draw legnth. After all that, resite your bow for the new arrows.
      P.S. If you're still getting ready for THIS year, you should have thought of this a few weeks ago. Your quick fix is to re-fletch your best shafts & use them--then get it right for next year. Whatever you do, hunt safe and enjoy the ride!

Comment

usually where they sell arrows they have a chart,you need to know youre draw weight and draw length.several arrow sizes within youre specs will be advised for you to use,you can cross check to carbon arrows also.usually the less spine or flex an arrow has will be more forgiving than one with lots of flex but you still need some flex for proper arrow clearance from youre rest so buy a couple of different ones.the arrows you are using now should still have a number on them ,match the number or cross refernce on afore mentioned charts.SEADOG is telling you right a visit to an archery shop will help you understand how this works better.If youre form is right you should have no problem in being ready in a short time. An afternoon should suffice if not back to the shop as you mite need help somewhere else. ask about paper tuning youre arrows first . good luck

Comment

Thanks for the info. I don't need them now it's just that I broke one shooting 3d and I lost one when I shot my doe. I now have only 3 arrows left and I'm thinking of next year already. Or this year still since I only have 3 now.

Comment

Go to a pro shop.

Comment

I try to match my arrows by bow poundage. 5 to 6 grains per pound. In other words for your bow set-up at 60# you would need somewhere around 360 grains of arrow weight. Just for an example carbon express maxima hunter shafts weigh 8.9 grains per inch. If you shoot a 29 in. arrow that would be 258 grains plus a 100gr. head would be 358 which would be in your ball park.

KHH

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun cleaning patch tip
                by fitch270
                So I’m reorganizing the gun bench and notice the mock turtleneck shirt I’ve kept around for cutting into cleaning patches. Good 100% cotton fabric...
                Today, 03:36 PM
              • 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
                by Ernie
                Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
              • Outdoor Life archives
                by Scott123
                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
              • Blade Stain
                by jhjimbo
                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
              • Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X