Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some fun targets (for archery only) to shoot at besides balloons (stuff like that)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some fun targets (for archery only) to shoot at besides balloons (stuff like that)?

What are some fun targets (for archery only) to shoot at besides balloons (stuff like that)?

Nothing like a day in the bush shooting stumps with a zudo point--great training for estimating distance and shooting in field conditions

Comment

Alligators--not the answer you're looking for but it's the most fun i'm having these days with archery. When I was in the Boy Scouts (many years ago) we had contests to shoot a watermelon--it's harder than it looks--a high or low shot will glance off--(I won the watermelon for my troop at camp one year against the best archers from all the troops at the camp). But if you're alone or with just a friend or two, hiking & shooting stumps is great--that's what decoy hunter is talking about and I'd much rather do that any day, even in the rain, than show up at work.

Comment

If you get the chance check out a 3-D decoy archery contest, they are actually a lot of fun to do. As long as you don't get to hung up on the competition aspect of it anyway. The one I went too had a trail that had 40 targets placed and you shoot from a designated spot at the decoys. Had all sorts of different decoys which makes it interesting when you go from shooting at a deer to a bowling ball sized mosquito.

Comment

Shake up a pop can and put it about 50 yards out in the yard. It is fun to watch them explode.

Comment

how about bowfishing?if youre just shooting at stationary ballons tie on a string but be safe.when my son was 5 years old i bought some chickens he shot at with styrfoam arrows.they got cagey fast.

Comment

Take spray paint and draw a tic-tac-toe board on your block style target. Then, play tic-tac-toe with your buddies. You can not believe how competitive this can get. A smaller board makes a more challenging and interesting game.

Comment

OnPoint Target Products has several novelty products to shoot at including a new target that activates a flashing led light when the small foam Bull's Eye Target is hit. Great for long distance and low light shooting.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget