Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fellow hunters im 31 is it to late to learn to bow hunt and what type of gear & accessories do i need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fellow hunters im 31 is it to late to learn to bow hunt and what type of gear & accessories do i need

fellow hunters im 31 is it to late to learn to bow hunt and what type of gear & accessories do i need

I turn 60 this year. You are only as old as you let yourself be. I am not too old to very many things. I still do things I should not, but that is another story. If you have the desire, go for it. You will never know if you don't try, now will you?

Comment

If you decide to use a treestand-purchase a personal restraint system(safety harness)--so that gravity will not get the better of you-after that check to see what type of archery equipment is legal in your state or province--I do not know if crossbows are legal in all states for use in archery seasons.There are lots of hunting tv shows-magazines-web sites-hunting expos-books-even archery dealers can discuss equipment pros/cons etc.After that enjoy one of the best seasons available-in terms of spending quality time in the outdoors.I have been bowhunting for many years and always learn something new each season.

Comment

31? Your just a pup. Go to an archery shop and get fitted for a bow that fits your price range.

Comment

I started 30 years ago at 28. Anytime is the right time to start bow hunting! I'm with Ishi, go to a reputable bow shop and get measured for a bow and proper arrows. You can find good used bows on eBay, Gunbroker, or Internet bulletin boards, you don't have to spend the big dollars on new. Get your arrows and broadheads new though. Don't take a chance on used for these. I buy all my camo from military surplus. Much less $ and works just as good. I buy my other equipment when the stores are clearing out inventory after season. Bought my last bow, new, for half price! You can save hundreds on all gear, if you're patient,shop around and buy at right time. Good Luck, pup!

Comment

no buddy you aint to old your right at your prime but my self id go with a matthews solo cam bow with some three d camo maby scent lok thats a good brand i think so

Comment

NO way. My dads 38 and just getting into hunting with a gun. Im 15 and even with a limited budget and time it wasent hard for me to get into bow hunting. It is much more of a chalange but you leave the field feeling so much more satisfied with yourself even if you dont tag anything.

Comment

I started bow hunting at 37. My advice is buy the best you can aford. My bow set up cost less than $500. Buy on sale and stay away from gimics. Find a mentor, it is a must in my book. A good place to find them is by joning groups with simlar intrest(aka The Rocky Mountian Elk Foundation), these people share your intrest and the small fees help preserve the game animal you are hunting.

Comment

Your never too old. Just remember bow hunting takes more skill then gun hunting. You have to get up close and personal with a bow. Much less room for era. A gun hunter can wait all year and sight in his gun the day before the hunt. Ten just plunk down in the woods and take a buck with a 200 yard shot. You really need to do your scouting homework and practice practice practice. You want to get close which means stealth,stand placement and scouting is a must and acurate shot placement is make or break. But the reward of a succesful hunt is extremely gratifying.

Comment

I started bow hunting 4 years ago at age 36. I prefer it to rifle because there are less hunters and less noise. Very important to practice year round and make sure your heart can handle the excitement.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget