Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is the best time to be in the tree stand in the rut

when is the best time to be in the tree stand in the rut

If the rut is full blown be in your stand as much as possible.

Comment

I agree with jacy1515 but i would say Nov. 11th but it all depends on when the rut happens in your state or area. You can contact the local DNR office and can find out when the rut happens in your area, and when during the day deer are the most active.

Comment

The only thing I could add would be to maintain your composure and commit to the stand for the day.Many bowhunters grow weary after a few hours and lose interest--decide to move--or leave all together;simply due to lack of opportunities in a few hours.The rut delivers one of the most variable deer movement sequences of the entire season---but the key word is variable so anything can happen at any point in the day.

Comment

between sun up and sun down

Comment

once the rut is starting up i spend as much time as possible in my stand that i can which is hard for me because of school but as soon as school is out i head straight to the stand the longer you are in the stand the better the chances of you getting something my dad and i have spend all day in our stands and then stayed late because we didn't want to push the deer off so we waited them out a bit so we wouldn't scare them

Comment

from what i've seen it doesn't really matter what time of day it is, the biggest factor is the weather, i've shot deer at 3 in the afternoon when it was snowing sideways and gone 2 days without seeing anything when it's warm, that's just my personal experience though

Comment

Usually the best time to see deer movement is dawn and dusk while the deer are moving to and from their bedding areas to their feeding areas. However throw that out the window during the rut. Bucks will move all day searching out females and once they locate a hot doe they will chase her around constantly. I took three nice bucks this year during the rut and and all were taken between 2 pm and 4 pm which would not be prime times during non rut times.

Comment

all day it might seem like a long time but u cant shoot at the camp

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget