Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm just getting into bow hunting and am looking for the best bow for the money. My local archery will give me a deal if I buy a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckshott00
    replied
    there are a lot more inexpensive sets out there that will probably suit your needs just fine. As a Hoyt fan boy I suggest looking at those.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter1
    replied
    I couldn't agree more with SCHuntman, You need to do your research but not get blinded by the 'glitz and glamour' of specific models or brands - OR cost. You need to shoot a lot of bows to find what's best for you. Also, determine eye dominance. If you haven't shot (a bow) before and don't have any bad habits, buy with your dominant eye inmind and shoot with both eyes open. I am right handed but left eye dominant. I shoot left handed and I do so, I might add, very accurately. Those are all great brands, but so is my Fred Bear.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    In my opinion brand is no where nearly as important as fit, bow weight and draw weight. Most of the major brands will all have strong reliability and stand up for their product. Go to a few web sites to see what others are saying. Then go to a local dealer and shoot some different bows. Be sure to take into account how far you'll be carrying your bow. I think a 5.5lb bow shoots better than a 3.5lb bow because the extra weight helps me steady the bow but that is purely my experience. The best bow for you might be a $500 bow while the best bow for someone else might be a $1000. That being said, Hoyt, Mathews, PSE and Parker are all strong brands.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    If you can get a Matthews for a good price go for it. Check out this link its pretty good for selecting a new bow. http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm

Leave a comment:

• I'm just getting into bow hunting and am looking for the best bow for the money. My local archery will give me a deal if I buy a

I'm just getting into bow hunting and am looking for the best bow for the money. My local archery will give me a deal if I buy a Hoyt, Mathews, or PSE. I like the the reports on the "Mission Journey" by Mathews, and the price $599. However I am willing to spend the money for the "Hoyt AlphaMax"($849) if it is worth it. Also opened to other suggestions.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget