Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people say Blacktail deer are harder to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrewdog
    replied
    Ihunt blacktail deer in wester washington.I think people are afraid to even talk about blacktail. You very seldom see any articles about it.Blacktail deer are the hardest to hunt because of the thick brush we have here and they are smarter than any other deer.I hope i helped you a little. shrewdog

Leave a comment:

• Bull Elk
    replied
    It's not so much what you hunt, but where. I live in Northern California and have hunted blacktail for over 40 years. They can be tough to hunt in the thick stuff and difficult when temperatures get over 90 degrees. But I see blacktail in open fields, along roads and just about anywhere. They can be a little difficult to hunt, but I've had mule deer and whitetails make me look rather silly at times.

Leave a comment:

• Buck Master270
    replied
    personaly i do belive they are harder. well at least up here in north west washington i have hunted all over up here and you see alot of deer but you get tired of shooting spikes and two points and the big bucks are in the timber and the timber is extreamly hard to hunt up her do to the under brush witch varys form 3ft up to over your head and is so thick you cant see five feet infront of you. tree stands are only good up here if you watching a clear cut blinds dont work to well neither or else you are hunting a privet feild witch the only one's who do that are the owners. this year we did get lucky with the rut in the normal season and not in extended buck season. witch was really diffrent for us. if you want to find the answer for your self just come on up north here and hunt it for your self.

Leave a comment:

• Why do some people say Blacktail deer are harder to hunt?

Why do some people say Blacktail deer are harder to hunt?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget