• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy flock 2

First a question, then why it matters.

A group of bears is called what?

Times up: The answer is

4DC9C625-F759-4F10-8658-2626375057E9.png

I didn’t know this but after checking trail cams today had to look it up.

Continued.....

E728C677-3D82-4AC6-BF7F-ADA5323F994A.jpeg 77A2003D-2CAA-4026-95A5-D20C5888023C.jpeg

So you may recall last year the pics I posted of the sow with three Cubs. They looked to be getting pretty big and I’m guessing mama booted them last fall with good reason.

337653C2-5A01-44F4-BD7A-7827CA41C28C.jpeg

Yes there are four Cubs in these shots. Very cool but dayom that’s a lot of mouths to feed. Hard to tell how big mom is because these guys are just fuzz balls but she looks to be in good shape. I just hope they stay up top, don’t need them on my deck trying to clean my grill for me.

Comment

Yes sir! I believe I'd call that a "flock" of bears! LOL!
      Yeppers, she appears to be a fine physical specimen! ...and a fine mother.

Comment

Now that is interesting. We have very few bears in Alabama. Supposedly, a sow and two cubs was spotted a few years ago on the lease I'm returning to. It would make my day to see one in the woods.

Comment

Missouri has its first bear season this fall. Brother, his boy and I are applying tomorrow. Probably zone 2, but maybe zone 1. You can google the regs if you like. Missouri residents only for now.

Comment

Oklahoma has bears, but at this point, no season, no tags.

Comment

I don’t know who, but one of the neighbors took these pictures a week or so ago. The pics have been making the rounds via text so I’m guessing they’re ok to post.

The same female, seen with all four cubs but not all together in the frames. Pretty cool just the same, I think my favorite is the one of mom carrying the cub like a cat with her kittens. Not surprised but I didn’t realize they’d do that.

Shots taken less than a mile down the road.

4C0F0342-6931-4F99-B348-B04E6F50F7F9.jpeg 76D24B99-AA8E-477E-86F9-28B4437E9553.jpeg 429148D1-CEBD-49CE-90AA-8DCF97D7C335.jpeg

Comment

Let's all hope she keeps the "Four-Some" clear of human contact.

I wonder what the likelihood of her rearing all four is?

Good luck, Mom!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Burds
                  by Amflyer
                  Still day, overcast, family gone for a visit for the week. So , hopped in the kayak and did some slow paddlin' to get close to birds....wish I bought...
                  07-28-2021, 09:26 PM
                • Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo
                  by fitch270
                  This came in the mail a few days ago, at first I wasn’t surprised by it as we haven’t purchased much of anything since the merger. We also canceled...
                  07-26-2021, 08:03 PM
                • Top three. (3)
                  by FirstBubba
                  We all have our favorites.

First favorite!
                  What is your favorite species of fish to eat?
                  1. my favorite is Pacific cod. clean,...
                  07-25-2021, 09:36 PM
                • Not a crappy crappie dinner
                  by fitch270
                  The plan was to have a fish fry while camping this weekend even if it meant stooping to smallish bluegills and perch. The goal was for the Kid and I to...
                  07-25-2021, 01:36 PM
                • Right now
                  by fitch270
                  07-24-2021, 10:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X