.450 Marlin sight in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .450 Marlin sight in

High winds and cool but off to the range I went. Sight in .450 at 50 yds and 2 shots with a SKS. .450 was 325gr flex tip with IMR 4198, 2200fps, 3,500 energy. I sighted 1 1/2" high at 50yds.
    Attached Files

What fixed the SKS 7.62x39R......Your 450 is on target 1.5" high & hows the recoil??.......34.6lb

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      What fixed the SKS 7.62x39R......Your 450 is on target 1.5" high & hows the recoil??.......34.6lb
      The SKS is a different case of ammo - 2 tuna cans in wood case with pkg of 25 rounds soft point 123gr hunting ammo. SKS's functioned fine.
      The .450 is about like a 12ga - slow push. My hardest recoil rifle so far is my .300WbMag. It is a sharp, heavy jolt, especially with heavier bullets. I won't load 250gr any more. Too brutal on the shoulder and retina's. Kinda like a 3" 12ga. in a light gun.

Comment

Keep up the good work jimbo, My 1953 AK-47 shoots rocks if i let it...Lol It gives a 3 shot 2.75" group @ 100yd.

Comment

I have a Yugo SKS I am working with now. I would like to get some practice grenades and blanks and try that. They say they go 60+ yards. Where can I get some ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget