Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jersey black bear hunt animal rights activists are now threatening bear hunters. Read the attached link. Any comments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey black bear hunt animal rights activists are now threatening bear hunters. Read the attached link. Any comments?

https://www.insidernj.com/press-release/njoa-calls-anti-hunting-groups-reject-violent-extremism-members/

There is an awful amount of hate in those comments ! With what was posted, I would have to think that any number of things could take place, incuding some “nut” case shooting a hunter. Things could escalate real quickly in this situation. The image of hunters in the public eye has changed dramatically in my time, and I do not see it improving in the future! We have moved over the years from positive acceptance, to moderate approval and now to reluctant acceptance and the next step is giving the appearance of possible hostilities. This appears to be due to a growing anti-gun sentiment which is in connection with guns in hunting also. With the growing attitude of liberalism in this country, I am sorry to say that the future of our sport is being put in real jeopardy and a uplift in our image is needed ! I wish I had an answer how that is to be done. The placing of hunting trophies on social media is certainly not the correct step to be used, we are not signing to the choir in that situation !

Comment

After reading the comments from the article, I would be suspect anyone approaching my tree stand or hunting blind, as someone wanting to do harm. Sad to say but as we have seen in the past week there is a few idiots who will take their cause to the extreme, SAD!

Comment

Sorry to say It pays to join a club, Be safe out their guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
          There is an awful amount of hate in those comments ! With what was posted, I would have to think that any number of things could take place, incuding some “nut” case shooting a hunter. Things could escalate real quickly in this situation. The image of hunters in the public eye has changed dramatically in my time, and I do not see it improving in the future! We have moved over the years from positive acceptance, to moderate approval and now to reluctant acceptance and the next step is giving the appearance of possible hostilities. This appears to be due to a growing anti-gun sentiment which is in connection with guns in hunting also. With the growing attitude of liberalism in this country, I am sorry to say that the future of our sport is being put in real jeopardy and a uplift in our image is needed ! I wish I had an answer how that is to be done. The placing of hunting trophies on social media is certainly not the correct step to be used, we are not signing to the choir in that situation !
          Most hunters are oblivious to our failures at public relations.
          In fact, many hunters brag that they don't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks.
          The last time I brought this topic up a F&S, one user commented that I was so concerned about what others think, it was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
            Most hunters leave an area where antis are harassing them. They go elsewhere to hunt in peace.

Comment

I remember that very well 99, and it is that very attitude that will hurt us all in the long run ! Two sides of a issue will never come together when butting heads, and if our sport is meaningful enough to us, we need to do all that is possible to keep a clean image. If not, then to hell with everything, because we will lose everything ! This can already be seen in some of the hunts that have been taken from us in N.J., and as anti’s see what can be done by them, it will become much worse as victory is a huge motivator for success !

Comment

I don’t mean to harp on this issue to the point of exhaustion, but we have seen what public opinion has done regarding bump stocks, and in some regards talk about semi-auto firearms. We need to wake up to the fact that public opinion is a very strong factor when used against us, and we have very little to fight back in our defense. Some will argue that there is no problem since we are protected by the 2A. But are we really ? We have seen limitations placed on us already, what is to stop further limitations ?

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                  It sounds to me y'all don't have that place in NJ? maybe NYS or PA. But your a big boy y'all will figure it out.

Comment

The anti's will keep it up until one of their own gets killed in a bear/deer - vehicle crash. Then their position will change.
                    When I was a kid night driving was so dangerous in N.Y. there was a lower speed limit for night time travel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget