Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve182 in answer to your question. No bear hunting this year thanks to our Governor. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve182 in answer to your question. No bear hunting this year thanks to our Governor. ?

1. Murphy ban the black bear hunt on state land killing my honey hole spot.
    2. No baiting for deer or bear on Federal land so the Water Gap is out.
    3. I just found out the Newark Water Shed owned by the city if Newark has no baiting for deer or bear.
    4. I refused to track a bear and push it to another hunter in populated hunting state of New Jersey.
    5. I will not sit by a bear track and hope a bear shows up.

I would put an ad in the newspaper to pay for private land bear hunting, but the antis would bombard me with nasty harassing toilet mouth phone calls. ?
    It's stinks but there is nothing I can do about it. ??

Go sit by a bear track. Enjoy being outdoors. You don't have to shoot something to have an enjoyable time. Lots to take in. Changing leaves if nothing else. Try fall hunting for turkeys. Or grouse. Lot of options to consider. They don't all produce another full body mount to fill up more floor space in your home ... but I'm sure there's plenty of ceiling space to suspend a mounted bird or two?

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
      Go sit by a bear track. Enjoy being outdoors. You don't have to shoot something to have an enjoyable time. Lots to take in. Changing leaves if nothing else. Try fall hunting for turkeys. Or grouse. Lot of options to consider. They don't all produce another full body mount to fill up more floor space in your home ... but I'm sure there's plenty of ceiling space to suspend a mounted bird or two?
      Good Point Honker. I am going deer hunting that week on state land.
      If I see a monster bear I shoot with my iPhone. I will post the monster photo for you guys later.
      Thats Murphy's Law.

Comment

Are there NO Hunt Clubs/Lease in NJ that you can join, if not this year next year. If you love to hunt:-))

Comment

Tree, Gun club property is like Grand Central Station with hunters. Big bears do not care for the masses.

Comment

Years ago, in New York, a lot of bears were taken by deer hunters, and that was considered a bonus. Probably still true today.

Comment

This sounds interesting...
              Bears are probably bigger in the Southern Zone, but this guide sounds good.
              http://www.biggamehuntingny.com/bear_hunting.htm
              Gary, I forgot to mention I have been on a 5 day hunt with Chris. He is a good guide and runs a good camp. If I remember we had a 50% success rate on deer (bucks only). I was trying for a bear that Chris had spotted and when I was watching one area the bear was in another and when I watched that area he was back to the first area. Chris said he was over 500 lbs.

Comment

Nice shooter bear.
                Good Luck Jim.
                Any trail cam photos of him??

Comment

Rent a PO Box and have folks send contact info there. Do an internet search before you contact anyone to see if they are anti hunting.
                  Or just follow OH advice......

Comment

Bears are moving into Ohio from the Northeast to the Southeast. They are young males looking for a territory and have been driven away from their Mother in Western PA. I see some sign from time to time at my place in S.Ohio. Way to few to have a season.

Comment

The Guide friend I hunt bears with in NY only hunts the last 1/2 hour of legal time. We stand hunt on known game trails. I have seen a few in the open while deer hunting during the day but that is rare.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Strangers meet.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                        They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                        No identification markers...
                        08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                      • OU football
                        by FirstBubba
                        Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                        The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                        08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                      • True romance.
                        by 99explorer
                        A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                        The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                        08-16-2019, 09:11 AM
                      • A question of standing.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man says to his father, "I'm standing behind you."
                        The father replies, "And I am standing behind you, son."
                        Could this...
                        08-15-2019, 01:59 PM
                      • Cashier problem.
                        by 99explorer
                        You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
                        You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and...
                        08-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X