Ear protection.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    After a few 3 shot ;groups I was ready to quit shooting my .340WbyMag. I was using ear plugs plus my electronic Walker muffs and the noise was too much. I can't imagine shooting at game without any protection - I would be deaf for several minutes. I fired my S&W .44mag under the range roof when I forgot my ear protection and could not hear for hours.
    Gary, you shoot a .44mag under a metal roof and let me know how you feel.

Comment

Just had to get on to my son in law for not making my grandson wear hearing protection while shooting a .22. I thought he was smarter than that obviously I was wrong. I usually don’t wear any hunting. This year I will be taking them since the boys are going. And I believe that I must set a good example for them. I will wear them time permitting when the opportunity for a shot at game presents it’s self.

Comment

After a few 3 shot ;groups I was ready to quit shooting my .340WbyMag. I was using ear plugs plus my electronic Walker muffs and the noise was too much. I can't imagine shooting at game without any protection - I would be deaf for several minutes. I fired my S&W .44mag under the range roof when I forgot my ear protection and could not hear for hours.
        My first time on an indoor range was Shooters Palace in downtown Fort Worth.
        Never again!
        The concussion was absolutely unbelievable!
        I go to a nearby covered range. That's bad enough!

Comment

Jim, If I was wearing "ear plugs and electronic Walker Muffs" that should of done the job for protection. ?

Comment

Only partially, still too much noise.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget