Scope
    Attached Files

Comment

MK V .340WbyMag
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Scope
        That's strange. Is the fold over to allow using the iron sights without removing the scope? For dangerous game? Looks very cumbersome for a left-handed action.

I'd ditch the fold over and go with fixed. Also, would change the scope unless you plan to use the rifle for close range dangerous game.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Scope
          The fold over does not interfere with the bolt.
          My intention is an Eastern Elk and Moose Bear rifle and a Western big Bear rifle from close range out to _______. I have to determine at the range how far the rifle is accurate with the scope. This will all have to be done off-hand as Weatherby does not stand behind a stock that is fired from an immovable rest. I have ammo from 165 to 250gr but will probably test 200gr Balistic Tips. I also have another configuration to try - see throughs. For the see through I have solid steel rings and bases and a 4.5X14 scope. What I need to find out is how far the rifle is accurate - 400yds would be nice but I don't know if it will do that - especially with me shooting from stix that I am not familiar with - also don't know how many rounds I can fire at each trip to the range. My .300Wby I am good for about 10 or 15 and I am done.

Comment

Great rifle! Good scope power for the cartridge, too, although I have no experience with fold-over scopes. My favorite scopes for the magnums are fixed 4x and 2x7x32. Have fun choosing your rifle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget