One possibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One possibility

Got my new acquisition to mock up some possibilities. This is one idea I have so far.
    Attached Files

Weatherby with fold over scope mount
    Attached Files

Comment

4.5X14
      Attached Files

Comment

Second scope to try 4.5X14
        Attached Files

Comment

Big Game ammo
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking rifle. i would put the 4.5 X 14 scope on it, because you have a lot clearer look at longer ranges. I have a 3.5 X 10 X 50 on my .338 Win Mag LH Model 70, which is close to the same caliber. Don't think you will have any trouble taking any game in NA with either the 200 or 250 gr. bullets, just stick with the one that gives the best accuracy.
            crm

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              Weatherby with fold over scope mount
              I have a pair of see through steel rings coming for my next test. I still have to get the right height for the all steel 2 piece bases then mount the 4.5X14 and off to the range wed or thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                Nice looking rifle. i would put the 4.5 X 14 scope on it, because you have a lot clearer look at longer ranges. I have a 3.5 X 10 X 50 on my .338 Win Mag LH Model 70, which is close to the same caliber. Don't think you will have any trouble taking any game in NA with either the 200 or 250 gr. bullets, just stick with the one that gives the best accuracy.
                crm
                What kind of accuracy can you get with the Model 70? What do you estimate your useful range is ? My scope pieces have not arrived so if I can handle the heat I may go to the range tomorrow using the iron sights and 200gr ballistic tips. Also, shooting off sticks for the first time. I do shoot my .300 Wby from the bench but I don't think this one

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  crm
                  Jimbo, I get three in a three inch Birchwood Casey Shoot n See at 200 yards with the 225 gr. loads. That is, if I am having one of my good days. I know the rifle will do it. I would not hesitate to shoot 300 yds. at an elk or deer, holding the crosshairs right on the line of the back with the vertical line right on the shoulder. Anything over three hundred would depend on how good of a rest I could get and a lot of other factors. Never have used sticks, but reading Happy Myles, I may have to try a pair.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget