Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newspaper story from Birmingham, Black bears sightings are on a rise in Alabama. They are out there. Check the population map.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
    Since I am on surgery leave for three weeks, I have time to do research and make a few phone calls.
    Earlier, at the top statement of my thread, I posted two newspaper articles that stated there was never a person attacked by a bear in Alabama. Another user and resident of Bama posted newspaper articles stating a hunter was bite on his knee by a Bama Bear.

I telephoned Outdoor Alabama the state fish and game department. I called the Commissioners office and that person said they never heard anything about a bowhunter being bitten on the knee by a Bama Black Bear.
    I was directed to the Nongame Wildlife Program Chief, Carrie Theadgill, and I asked her if a bowhunter was ever bitten in the knee or has anybody ever been attacked by an Alabama black bear.
    She also said NO. If a bear did bite or attack anybody in Alabama, the Alabama Wildlife would be the first to be notified.

After reading all the fake new stories and news media lies about our President Donald Trump, I had to check out the Bama Bear Bite with those folks who have the intelligence and the authenticated records. ?
    For the record, my newspaper articles are right on point.
    Gary, the danger from black bears in Alabama is minimum.

Comment

Since I am on surgery leave for three weeks, I have time to do research and make a few phone calls.
      Earlier, at the top statement of my thread, I posted two newspaper articles that stated there was never a person attacked by a bear in Alabama. Another user and resident of Bama posted newspaper articles stating a hunter was bite on his knee by a Bama Bear.

I telephoned Outdoor Alabama the state fish and game department. I called the Commissioners office and that person said they never heard anything about a bowhunter being bitten on the knee by a Bama Black Bear.
      I was directed to the Nongame Wildlife Program Chief, Carrie Theadgill, and I asked her if a bowhunter was ever bitten in the knee or has anybody ever been attacked by an Alabama black bear.
      She also said NO. If a bear did bite or attack anybody in Alabama, the Alabama Wildlife would be the first to be notified.

After reading all the fake new stories and news media lies about our President Donald Trump, I had to check out the Bama Bear Bite with those folks who have the intelligence and the authenticated records. ?
      The bear danger is still there, but the bear bite on a hunter's knee is a total fake news whooper. ?

Comment

Here is the black bear range for Florida, but without numbers.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Here is the black bear range for Florida, but without numbers.
          Hey 99, the New Jersey Division of Wildlife had black bear warning signs posted on every trail head on state land.
          Even before the college boy was killed. The experts in the state Wildlife Agencies know the danger is for real.
          Nice photo.

Comment

This thread was to advice the Bama users that Bears are in the Bama woods and the danger does exist.
            I never mentioned any names. I waited to the F&S Thread went cold.
            I posted my knee surgery operation was a success, I have no pain and I am not taking any pain killer medicine pills.
            My prayers were answered and I was in a good mode.

Then the name calling, then hair pulling and the mud slinging avalanche of attacks came directly towards me.
            I never retailiated or called that Bama user any names.
            It's a disgrace. JMO

1." However, the news article you posted has an error ".

2. "Like I said the article is wrong".

3. "Damn Gary, you are hard to please and your reading comprehension sucks."

4. "Gary, stop acting like an old woman."

5. "If anything, you are the one misleading people."

6. "And you are a complete buffoon."

7. "Gary, you talk out of both sides of your mouth."

8. "What are you taking for pain medication"

9. "You are one messed up individual."

Comment

???

Comment

It's in the best interest of the website if we all act like adults. We can debate or disagree like adults, also.

Comment

So when are you going to start?

Comment

??
                    ?
                    ?

Comment

Ohio just released latest Black Bear survey and it is estimated we have 100 resident bears, mostly young males looking for territory and females. I have had on occasion tracks around camp. The average is 200lbs with a big one estimated to be in the 275 class.

Comment

Ohio just released latest Black Bear survey and it is estimated we have 100 resident bears, mostly young males looking for territory and females. I have had on occasion tracks around camp. The average is 200lbs with a big one estimated to be in the 275 class.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                          PH, mite have bean off on his call, It could be the State Land he hunts is thin on black bears. Hey Big>G hows the dance lessons coming along...Lol
                          The panther is possibly going on the protected list - less than 200 in FL.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget