Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newspaper story from Birmingham, Black bears sightings are on a rise in Alabama. They are out there. Check the population map.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper story from Birmingham, Black bears sightings are on a rise in Alabama. They are out there. Check the population map.

Since I stopped commenting on F&S, I wanted to raise my objection and correction in a timely manner.
    I am not mentioning any names.
    A Bama user on Field and Stream stated I quote "Nope. Black bears are rare in Alabama so practically no worries about them here"
    Carry the bear spray as Honker posted. It may save your life.

This Alabama newspaper came out six days ago.
    Beware to my Bama friends.

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham-al/black-bear-sightings-rise-alabama

Another Bama Newspaper story from 2015.

https://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2018/06/15/black-bears-seem-to-be-on-the-move-around-alabama/

It's Sunday, I am in a good mode. My prayers were answered. No pain in my knee from surgery. I have a small plastic bottle of prescription. pain killers and did not take any. ??
    Attached Files

PH, mite have bean off on his call, It could be the State Land he hunts is thin on black bears. Hey Big>G hows the dance lessons coming along...Lol

Comment

Big>G Don't you have a brother in NC that hunts bears, I see them some times in my Fall Grouse hunt in NC. just asking son.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
        Big>G Don't you have a brother in NC that hunts bears, I see them some times in my Fall Grouse hunt in NC. just asking son.
        Tree, I seen four black bears in my lifetime from the New Jersey back roads and highways. I bet I have seen 400,000 deer in fields and along roads. You set up a bait food pile you will see Bears. I have seen them from my stand. I have never seen one walking in the woods in New Jersey.
        National Parks in the US and Canada Bears are common during the day along the roads.

Comment

PH, mite have bean off on his call, It could be the State Land he hunts is thin on black bears. Hey Big>G hows the dance lessons coming along...Lol
          Tree, I will be ready and pain free this year. No more needles in my knee. ?
          Tree, Guess what the state animal of Alabama is? ?

Comment

I hunt from dark to dark so it may explain not seeing a bear walking around hunting. I bait with my game cart during the day before the bear season I never seen one. Bears are nocturnal animals unless hunger drives them to food. Trash cans, fresh apple pie in the window, a nice stinky dumpster or a hunters bait pile.

Comment

Maybe I am misunderstanding the map, but I have a hard time imagining over 5000 bears in a square mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                Maybe I am misunderstanding the map, but I have a hard time imagining over 5000 bears in a square mile.
                Henry, good point.
                The only red I see is are tiny smidgen marks with one located on the Bama Panhandle. That could be thanks to the large Florida panhandle black bear population. Every time I Google the Black Bear Population in Alabama or change the words around this same map was listed at the top.
                Let me reverse your question to you, are you thinking the dark green marks are one Bama resident per square mile?

Comment

H'O NO Mr. Bill........Who would thunk it!!................I would have said a Gator!!

Comment

The only I said That because! NJ Stop Bear hunting Season with Your New Governor. To Hunt in NC with your Bro.

Comment

Gary - Glad everything went well with the surgery.
                      Get well soon.

Comment

I think that red spot includes the zoo.

Comment

From my google search ,total bear estimate in Alabama 350 total, probably a better chance of hunting Big foot. Good luck on that knee.

Comment

Lol, those Meds kicking in has got his dreams confused with facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              Gary - Glad everything went well with the surgery.
                              Get well soon.
                              Thanks 99, the Doc said I can't go back to work for three weeks. This afternoon will be three days. How many days can you stay around the house reading newspapers, watching the boobtube, checking my iPad or reading a book? I am going stir crazy.
                              ????
                              The income work service phone calls were the busiest all year this past weekend and I am laid up. Murphy's Law I guess.
                              My cousin Steve who takes me tailgating and gives me ticket or two a year to a Philadelphia Eagle's game, daughter Britney called me with a clogged kitchen sink drain at her house. She dumped lettuce down the garage disposal. She came over and my wife gave her some drain cleaner from my work truck. I had to draw a map so my wife could find it on my truck. At least I saved her a the cost of a plumbing contractor.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X