Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big is this black bear from his track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is this black bear from his track?

I have an idea.
    I just want to read your opinions.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

about 175 to 200

Comment

To answer your question Gary about tracking it it’s den, and since you are still alive to ask, I would say you made the right decision, lol ! As far as how big the bugger was, I have no idea. Are bear like people, in that some have bigger feet than others ? I can only be sure that with your 14’s, you sure do !! That is said with a grin Gary !

Comment

I will give it 250 pounds. You have a 14 size shoe so maybe a bigger bear.

Comment

Don't know much about bears, so really can't judge by a track. Wait 'til honk the phony weighs in, he knows all about everything!

Comment

My guess is 200+lbs.

Comment

Can you actually tell how big it is by a paw print. I had a small dog with huge paws and people thought she was going to be huge by her paws. She wasn't. I'm sure it depends on how healthy and what's it eating to be big. By the paw print looks like a bigger bear.

Comment

This may be a little off topic, but I just read about a hunter in Louisiana who killed a four-year old black bear sow, and was fined $10,000 because the state has no open bear season.
                Wildlife authorities learned of the bear's death by way of a "mortality signal" from its collar.
                Very hi-tech stuff.

Comment

My guess is 200 and change, but it's a WAG. Don't know how fresh they are so the snow could have made them look bigger compared to your boot, and no was to gage how deep they are.

If that ground's frozen I'll say bigger, the features of the tracks look pretty well defined in the ground so heavy enough to make decent imprints.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                    My guess is 200 and change, but it's a WAG. Don't know how fresh they are so the snow could have made them look bigger compared to your boot, and no was to gage how deep they are.

If that ground's frozen I'll say bigger, the features of the tracks look pretty well defined in the ground so heavy enough to make decent imprints.
                    Snow was fresh that morning before first light.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      This may be a little off topic, but I just read about a hunter in Louisiana who killed a four-year old black bear sow, and was fined $10,000 because the state has no open bear season.
                      Wildlife authorities learned of the bear's death by way of a "mortality signal" from its collar.
                      Very hi-tech stuff.
                      99, if you kill a moose in Maine out of season, you will go right to jail and pay a massive fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        Very hi-tech stuff.
                        Remind me not to shoot a moose in Maine without checking my pocket calendar.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget