Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NJ archery bear season, 1st day rain, today it's 78 degrees at 5pm. How can you hunt in this weather? Sweating and biting bugs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ archery bear season, 1st day rain, today it's 78 degrees at 5pm. How can you hunt in this weather? Sweating and biting bugs!!

First day State total 26 Bears were harvest. A woman protester layed down in the road to stop hunters from getting their Bears check-in, weight, tagged, tooth sample, blood sample and a hair sample taken.

This link has a couple videos. One showing a loud mouth man protesting and being arrested.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/2017/10/09/new-jersey-bow-bear-hunt-off-slow-start/741006001/
    Attached Files

What good is laying down in the road to block vehicles at the check station AFTER the bears dead? Only 1 reason. That's where the tv and newspaper reporters are! To get her picture in the paper and get her 15 seconds of fame! Look at me! Look at me! I'm lonely and need attention. Clueless fools.

Comment

Maybe she was just trying to help out the near-by hunters...slowing the cars down so no bears get hit on the road.

Comment

I think animal rights groups have their hearts in the right place,it's just that they have been misinformed of how conservation and hunting go hand in hand.After all weren't, sportsmen the first to protest the absence of game and the reintroduction of. Wild life,you guys know the story.I,m not sure how other states work but here in K.Y the only benefactors to wildlife come from the licensing of sportsmen and fishermen.(including ladies,lest we not forget).The true benefactors are the outdoor enthusiasts,hikers,campers,birdwatchers,etc that contribute nothing ,while condemning those responsible for the welfare of the woodlands and wildlife.Somehow when we start talking money and equal sharing of the burden to protect our natural resources the animal right advocates grow quiet. I think this lady or any that pose a hindrance to legal hunting procedures should have the choice to either pay a trespass and annoyance fine,or join a classroom to educate them ,along with a community service to benefit the wildlife in their region.

Comment

Just another one of them tree huggin', bunny lovin', rock lickers.

Comment

Big>G Welcome to Florida weather In Yankee Town NJ:-))
            Better her in NJ Then in North Fl, Our Judges would give Her 35days in County, She would be spending time on the Woman Road Gang Swinging a Grass Cutting "Golf Club";-))

Comment

Sir, regulated killing is indeed conservation. "Wise use of a resource" is the definition of conservation, emphasis on "use." Preservation and conservation are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                I think animal rights groups have their hearts in the right place,it's just that they have been misinformed of how conservation and hunting go hand in hand.After all weren't, sportsmen the first to protest the absence of game and the reintroduction of. Wild life,you guys know the story.I,m not sure how other states work but here in K.Y the only benefactors to wildlife come from the licensing of sportsmen and fishermen.(including ladies,lest we not forget).The true benefactors are the outdoor enthusiasts,hikers,campers,birdwatchers,etc that contribute nothing ,while condemning those responsible for the welfare of the woodlands and wildlife.Somehow when we start talking money and equal sharing of the burden to protect our natural resources the animal right advocates grow quiet. I think this lady or any that pose a hindrance to legal hunting procedures should have the choice to either pay a trespass and annoyance fine,or join a classroom to educate them ,along with a community service to benefit the wildlife in their region.
                6phunter, I have not always agreed with some of your “stuff”, but I must say you have some very good points in your comment. I think some of them need to be implemented by judges who handle such matters of harassment in their court rooms ! +1 .

Comment

Front Page Newspaper Story
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                    Very kind of you to comment,ty sir

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                      Sir, regulated killing is indeed conservation. "Wise use of a resource" is the definition of conservation, emphasis on "use." Preservation and conservation are not the same thing.
                      Way to go Matt ,you got the thinkers hat on now +1

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget