Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good suggestions or photos for building a wooden corn feeder with a small roof behind my house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM1993 View Post
    Are you planning on setting up your own livestream, Gary? Not sure how many people would watch, but it would be easily doable through Youtube even if you turned it on when you knew something was going to be there. -My vote would be to keep it simple. Can't tell if that is a metal or wooden roof in the picture, but two sheets of corrugated roofing and a wooden frame is about all this would take. I would personally make it so that the "troff" would be removable/replaceable.
    JM, I've not had any experience with bears either, but I've worked with cattle my whole life and I figure if a bull can't tip something over a bear can't either.

Comment

Sounds like the Hickory Run feeder was illegal according to PA law. Game feeders are not to be in use well before any game season. If there is just one corn kernel, sunflower seed, or salt grain. That could be trouble for property owner and others for a long distance around. But, the pictured feeder looks fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
        Take a look at #7 . Bear proof ?

https://huntspot.com/diy-homemade-deer-feeder/
        Great Link! Thanks!

Comment

Are you planning on setting up your own livestream, Gary? Not sure how many people would watch, but it would be easily doable through Youtube even if you turned it on when you knew something was going to be there. -My vote would be to keep it simple. Can't tell if that is a metal or wooden roof in the picture, but two sheets of corrugated roofing and a wooden frame is about all this would take. I would personally make it so that the "troff" would be removable/replaceable.
          @Gary,
          Hah...you caught me. But you've got my creative juices flowing now. I'm actually debating building one like in the photo now.
          @Red Angus,
          That's a good point. Cows don't have claws, but they definitely like to lean and bump against things.

Comment

Originally posted by PAShooter View Post
            Sounds like the Hickory Run feeder was illegal according to PA law. Game feeders are not to be in use well before any game season. If there is just one corn kernel, sunflower seed, or salt grain. That could be trouble for property owner and others for a long distance around. But, the pictured feeder looks fine.
            Send the PA Game Officers out there they will make a fortune. I was a guest for a few days but all the neighbors had feeders. One guy's wife worked at a cookie factory. Every day she brought home boxes of stale cookies. The Bears were banging on her glass sliding door for those cookies. One cookie was thrown and land on top of their picnic table. The bear went up and the table was bowing inward. I don't understand why the table didn't break in half from that fat black bear.
            I will never forget standing in that room and watching PA Bears eat cookie after cookie.?

Comment

A York policeman saves a skunk. I hate to post another thread.
              Check it out on this short video. There must be a safer way?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQljmanSUyI

Comment

Originally posted by PAShooter View Post
                I remember a pizza shop owner putting out old pizza. Bears,deer and many others ate that pizza. He would shoot at night. He was eventually caught. Carbon County PA.

Comment

Bulls don't stand up to rub their backs either. It could upset the apple cart??

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget