Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were hunting east coast black bears in a tree stand would you pee out of your stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    I use an empty Gatorade bottle and pack it out to the truck and dump it there. Rinse repeat. Happy Trails

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    This Q,comes up time after time on Deer&DeerHunter Mag Q & A there is NO difference between Human & Animal Urine, So Pee on your Tree or Off your Tree!

Funny Story I was in Ga on a 25'ladder stand peeing on the tree.When a Buck sniffs a Doe! well my BUICK was out I shot the Buck the Doe turned to the buck & shot her, then my BUICK went back in side. No lie GI.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    I would, because studies have shown that the compounds that identify urine as belonging to a specific animal (in this case, a person) break down within minutes, and after that it all smells the same. Don't ask me how they came to this conclusion, but it is legit.
    The studies might've been specifically in regard to human vs. deer urine, because I read about them on a deer hunting website. But I personally still wouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    I don't think it's a good idea ! I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I wouldn't bet on it !

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    I would, because studies have shown that the compounds that identify urine as belonging to a specific animal (in this case, a person) break down within minutes, and after that it all smells the same. Don't ask me how they came to this conclusion, but it is legit.
    HFT I don't know if I buy that, I can smell the difference between dog urine , cat urine and human! I can smell the difference days later also! Not arguing with you jmo

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I never worry about odor unless I'm about to run over a skunk or headed to a social function...not necessarily in that order.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    I don't do it hunting deer, so I don't reckon I'd do it hunting bear, either. Ziplock bags are cheap---why take the chance?

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied

Leave a comment:

• If you were hunting east coast black bears in a tree stand would you pee out of your stand?

I found this online.

"Bears are thought to have the best sense of smell of any animal on earth. For example, the average dog’s sense of smell is 100 times better than a humans. A blood hound’s is 300 times better. A bear’s sense of smell is 7 times better than a blood hound’s or 2,100 times better than a human."
    Attached Files

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• New Things, Old Things
    by fitch270
    OL’s has had some good topics lately even if it is a bit slow here compared to some other sites. One of the things I’ve been noticing is even though...
    Yesterday, 05:43 PM
  • Birthday meal
    by Amflyer
    Oldest son turns 15 in a week or so. (Yeah, no outdoor stuff this year. He's getting a bass guitar. Bought himself a deer rifle after summer job anyway)...
    10-04-2022, 02:16 PM
  • ‘Twas the night before ….
    by fitch270
    the bow opener, and it’s chilli cook off night at church.

What could possibly go wrong?!?

😳🤢🙄

09-30-2022, 06:22 PM
  • Deciding on Spot for First Day
    by wesman24
    Hello Everyone,

I currently have a spot set up on public land that is new to me this year. I did quite a bit of scouting in the area and...
    09-29-2022, 02:15 PM
  • What now?
    by FirstBubba
    PM'ing on another blog site with a gent.
    I had lamented the fact that I have 20 gauge and 12 gauge MEC 600Jr loaders, but only shoot 16 gauge....
    09-28-2022, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X