Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In New Jersey its legal to bait black bears. One slob bear Hunter left all his trash at his bait site, instead of taking it out with him. There were plastic broken orange Home Depot five gallon buckets, candy wrappers, cookie containers, peanut butte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In New Jersey its legal to bait black bears. One slob bear Hunter left all his trash at his bait site, instead of taking it out with him. There were plastic broken orange Home Depot five gallon buckets, candy wrappers, cookie containers, peanut butte

In New Jersey its legal to bait black bears. One slob bear Hunter left all his trash at his bait site, instead of taking it out with him. There were plastic broken orange Home Depot five gallon buckets, candy wrappers, cookie containers, peanut butter plastic jars and must more. It happen in a state park where my older brother hunts. My brother told a State Park Policeman and he said the Hunter needs to come back and clean up his trash. My brother was thinking of giving the GPS location to a NJ Conservation Officer. He believes the CO will issue a summons to the bear Hunter for littering the woods. What would you do? My family can't stand Litterbugs! Thanks, Gary

Does this question even need to be asked ?? Of course the idiot who failed
    to clean up his/her mess should be reported to authorities and forced by
    them to clean up. If your brother can supply the location to authorities, then
    he should by all means do so !! The only problem here as I see it, is the
    determination of the culprit and the willingness of authorities to carry through
    in the enforcement of action. The proof of the wrong doer will be difficult,
    however, it should not be the determining factor in doing nothing. Since this
    mess is located in a State Park it concerns everyone and should be persued
    to it's finish. Your brother, yourself and others should do what ever is needed
    to see that this is not swept under the rug !!

Comment

I would definitely provide the authorities with any information necessary for them to find this guy's trash dump, and I would pester them until they did something about it. At least in my part of the country, conservation officers are reluctant to investigate any violations that occur out of sight of the road, so if yours are similar getting them to actually deal with this might be challenging. But your brother has a responsibility to do everything he can to ensure this slob is apprehended. I hate people who litter, they're some of the lowest forms of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
        I would definitely provide the authorities with any information necessary for them to find this guy's trash dump, and I would pester them until they did something about it. At least in my part of the country, conservation officers are reluctant to investigate any violations that occur out of sight of the road, so if yours are similar getting them to actually deal with this might be challenging. But your brother has a responsibility to do everything he can to ensure this slob is apprehended. I hate people who litter, they're some of the lowest forms of humanity.
        And you can put LOWEST in the largest capital letters you can find .

Comment

Hey buddy, it's the dewman. Of course you turn it in. You do all you can to protect the environment . We are hunters and fishermen. It's what we do. Sportsmen and sports women are the responsible grown ups of the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            Does this question even need to be asked ?? Of course the idiot who failed
            to clean up his/her mess should be reported to authorities and forced by
            them to clean up. If your brother can supply the location to authorities, then
            he should by all means do so !! The only problem here as I see it, is the
            determination of the culprit and the willingness of authorities to carry through
            in the enforcement of action. The proof of the wrong doer will be difficult,
            however, it should not be the determining factor in doing nothing. Since this
            mess is located in a State Park it concerns everyone and should be persued
            to it's finish. Your brother, yourself and others should do what ever is needed
            to see that this is not swept under the rug !!
            Unfortunately, this behavior is not uncommon anymore. Trash and drug labs in the woods; bottles, cans, and bait containers in our lakes; and plastic grocery bags everywhere. Do what is right, Gary, and turn the person in.

Comment

Yes, I would turn him in. I'm lucky enough to hunt on private land, but whenever we venture to public land it always surprises/makes me mad at how much trash has been thrown around(I mean, it is really that hard to throw away things like beer cans and used hand warmers?).

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                Yes, I would turn him in. I'm lucky enough to hunt on private land, but whenever we venture to public land it always surprises/makes me mad at how much trash has been thrown around(I mean, it is really that hard to throw away things like beer cans and used hand warmers?).
                If you knew who was doing these things and then drove by their house, you would see the same thing in
                their yards, why wpuld we expect them to act any differently somewhere else ? Nothing but slobs and
                living like the pigs they are. Next time I comment, I will tell you what I really think.

Comment

Do you have anything to turn in besides the coordinates? Like a name or some other identifying info?

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                    Do you have anything to turn in besides the coordinates? Like a name or some other identifying info?
                    Charlie, that is going to be the one big issue in this whole thing. Getting enough proof who the culprit
                    is will be very difficult. That is what makes littering issues extremly hard to prosecute unless there are
                    several eye witnesses, and then only if they are willing to testify. But still, someone has to make the
                    initial attempt to get the ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                      I have to agree with you there. I've never met someone who owned private land that treats it like people treat public land. The public land walkways I have been to look like the side of a highway. These are probably the same people that trespass and complain that there is not enough public land available.

Comment

Burn him!!! I'm so bad I put a 5 gallon bucket in my blind for my trash and carry out about 2 bags a year. Soda and candy bar wrappers beef jerky and the like. It upset me to see it also the trespasser who hunted the bejesus out of my stand left all his trash for me to pick up this year what a classy nimrod.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                          That's what it sounds like to me. It will little good to report only the location. I would clean up the site myself. Litter begets more litter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget