Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can big game rifles be shot after open heart surgery? I have heard no because the sternum never completely heals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many have said I'd talk to your doctor. If you're concerned with recoil then remember there are plenty of recoil reduction options out there. It will cost some money but I'm a firm believer in muzzle-breaks. I even put them on my smaller center-fire rifles such as my 22-250. You need to protect your ears more but your shoulder reaps the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
      I don't know about the "never completely heals" part. My brother had full bypass surgery in December and had the green light from his doctor to hunt deer the following November. His dragging days are over (he's lucky to have a fit little brother), but I don't believe his doctors ever said anything about shooting.
      LOL, but God's honest truth, fellas: I never even asked what the doc said about dragging, I just told my brother that he needn't worry about it. For a while there, I wasn't sure if he'd ever be back in the woods again at all.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X