Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it cost a resident to hunt black bear in your state or province?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it cost a resident to hunt black bear in your state or province?

What does it cost a resident to hunt black bear in your state or province?

Here is South Carolina, it looks like with the out of state license and bear tag it'd cost around $275. For a resident the bear tag is $25. The state DNR has an outstanding web site. BTW, since I'm over 64 and a resident so I have the life time hunting/fishing license which was $9.

Comment

Guamfrank, thanks for taking the time to answer.
      I was just wondering because to hunt New Jersey black bears it cost residents thirty dollars. I'm not trying to get that fee raised but it seem very low to me.
      Maybe, it's because of the lack of bear hunters? Only 7 percent of NJ Sportsmen even hunt black bears.
      It's hard to believe because the Jersey Bears are big and their coats are beautiful. New Jersey stopped bear hunting from 1970 to 2002 therefore there are many big hog bears in the woods.

Comment

A ridiculous amount for the shortest season. $16.70 for residential bear tag in Pennsylvania. It's $20.70 for a regular hunting license first. So... $37.40 to hunt bear for statewide 9 days total....that being both archery and firearms.

Comment

Officerdom1987,
          $37.50 for nine day rifle and archery bear hunt in Pennsylvania is better deal then a $30.00 six day shotgun or black powder bear hunt in New Jersey.

Comment

Here in New York it come with your regular base hunting license, which I think was $22. Cant remember now with all the other add ons what the base price was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmo View Post
              Here in New York it come with your regular base hunting license, which I think was $22. Cant remember now with all the other add ons what the base price was.
              Yes I just looked to confirm it is $22.

Comment

Ohio is $43 one buck or doe. Extra doe license available

New York $47 for Big Game(1 buck and 1 Bear), small game and fishing. I have a Lifetime License in New York and have the above deer, bear and small game.

I believe these are correct but check web sites for latest information.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

New York $47 for Big Game(1 buck and 1 Bear), small game and fishing. I have a Lifetime License in New York and have the above deer, bear and small game.

Does Ohio have a bear season?

Comment

You are correct on New York, $22 for Big Game and Small Game and $25 for fishing.

Comment

We get a few bears that come in from PA and WV, but there is no open season on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                        Officerdom1987,
                        $37.50 for nine day rifle and archery bear hunt in Pennsylvania is better deal then a $30.00 six day shotgun or black powder bear hunt in New Jersey.
                        Don't forget one of those days is Sunday..no hunting on Sundays in Pa. So I'm there at seven days technically.

Comment

Originally posted by guamfrank View Post
                          Here is South Carolina, it looks like with the out of state license and bear tag it'd cost around $275. For a resident the bear tag is $25. The state DNR has an outstanding web site. BTW, since I'm over 64 and a resident so I have the life time hunting/fishing license which was $9.
                          That's really not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                            Guamfrank, thanks for taking the time to answer.
                            I was just wondering because to hunt New Jersey black bears it cost residents thirty dollars. I'm not trying to get that fee raised but it seem very low to me.
                            Maybe, it's because of the lack of bear hunters? Only 7 percent of NJ Sportsmen even hunt black bears.
                            It's hard to believe because the Jersey Bears are big and their coats are beautiful. New Jersey stopped bear hunting from 1970 to 2002 therefore there are many big hog bears in the woods.
                            Has NJ stopped bear hunting again?

Comment

Originally posted by officerdom1987 View Post
                              A ridiculous amount for the shortest season. $16.70 for residential bear tag in Pennsylvania. It's $20.70 for a regular hunting license first. So... $37.40 to hunt bear for statewide 9 days total....that being both archery and firearms.
                              LOL! So expensive...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                                by fitch270
                                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                                by dewman
                                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                              • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                                by dewman
                                So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                                09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X