Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you OL forum folks read Gayne Young's "And Monkeys Threw Crap At Me"? His new book is the funniest read I have had i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you OL forum folks read Gayne Young's "And Monkeys Threw Crap At Me"? His new book is the funniest read I have had i

Have any of you OL forum folks read Gayne Young's "And Monkeys Threw Crap At Me"? His new book is the funniest read I have had in years.

I'll add it to the list, thanks for the recommendation. Did Mr. Young make a post on Outdoor Life about his new book? I did not have any idea he had released it.

Comment

I believe there was a short blurb.
      FYI: my wife is now reading it (not much of a hunter) and says it is hilarious.

Comment

Downloaded it from Amazon yesterday, it is funny; but what coming from Gay-Knee isn't? I never thought to pronounce his name that way. LOL
        Thanks for letting us know about his book.
        later,
        charlie

Comment

Thanks for posting this. It will be the next one I read.

Comment

Finished this book and The Captain is right it is hilarious.
            later,
            charlie

Comment

"Certifiably psychotic guides, angry knife wielding natives, feces chucking primates, hallucinogenic drugs, Hemingway's incensed niece, and breakaway jungle toilets are just a few of the trials and tribulations author Gayne C. Young faced during his first few years as an outdoor writer. Join this natural born - and, yes albeit hard to believe, professionally trained - raconteur as he travels the Texas swamps and brush country, African veld, rainforests of Papua New Guinea, and the Yucatán Jungle in search of adventure, excitement, and his next beer."

Comment

"If you mixed Ernest Hemingway, Robert Ruark, Hunter S. Thompson, and four shots of tequila in a blender, a "Gayne Young" is what you'd call the drink!

Gayne C. Young is the Editor-in-Chief of North American Hunter and North American Fisherman - both part of CBS Sports -and a columnist for and feature contributor to Outdoor Life and Sporting Classics magazines. His work has appeared in magazines such as Petersen’s Hunting, Texas Sporting Journal, Sports Afield, Gray’s Sporting Journal, Under Wild Skies, Hunter’s Horn, Spearfishing, and many others.

In January 2011, Gayne C. Young became the first American outdoor writer to interview Russian Prime Minister, and former Russian President, Vladimir Putin.

Visit Gayne at www.gaynecyoung.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X