Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a question but an FYI. For any PA hunters that read the Washington Post article on the Fed Judge throwing out the suit to li

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a question but an FYI. For any PA hunters that read the Washington Post article on the Fed Judge throwing out the suit to li

Not a question but an FYI. For any PA hunters that read the Washington Post article on the Fed Judge throwing out the suit to lift the Sunday hunting ban, there's a critical error in the article that could get you in a lot of trouble. The article lists current exceptions to the ban such as coyote, but also lists "hunting on a non-commercial private property." Having never seen that in the guidelines or the State Code, I reached out to the PGC. Who helpfully pointed out that it is correct according to the state code for non-commercial game facilities holding so permitted, and attached the portion of code. Big oversight in the print of the article.

Full PGC Response.
    Thanks for asking Joseph,
    This only applies to regulated shooting grounds. I have included the section of the Game and Wildlife Code below.
    Kindly,
    [email protected]

Sec. 2303. Hunting on Sunday prohibited.

(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt for any furbearer or game on Sunday.

(b) Construction of section.--This section shall not be construed to prohibit:

(1) The training of dogs.

(2) The participation in dog trials as provided for in this title.

(3) The removal of lawfully taken game or wildlife from traps or the resetting of the traps on Sunday.

(b.1) Exceptions.--Subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(1) The hunting of foxes.

(2) The hunting of coyotes.

(3) Any hunting which occurs on noncommercial regulated hunting grounds holding a valid permit under section 2928(b)(2) (relating to regulated hunting grounds permits).

(c) Penalty.--A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Preserving meat, fish and produce.
      by FirstBubba
      This subject was broached as a tangent to another thread on F&S!

Do you process your own game?

What preservation methods...
      10-21-2021, 09:21 PM
    • Odd injury
      by fitch270
      Posted on F&S also.

This little button buck has been coming in the back yard this week for apples that fell. The kids had noticed he’s...
      10-17-2021, 05:12 PM
    • Blood trailing
      by fitch270
      Blood trailing ended up being a thing this weekend, figured I’d throw one more spin off out for the sake of serious discussion.

One of...
      10-13-2021, 08:42 PM
    • Gear Takeaways So Far This Year
      by fitch270
      I’ve always typically liked to travel light, hate carrying stuff I rarely use. So far this season I’ve twice now had reason to reconsider some basics....
      10-10-2021, 07:55 PM
    • Season update
      by fitch270
      Less than a week in and it’s been extremely active. Lots of close encounters and lots of buck activity but we haven’t drawn back yet. Strange thing...
      10-05-2021, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X