Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The History channel had a new show on last night called "The Hunt". They showed different Guides and hunters hunting Kodiak br

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The History channel had a new show on last night called "The Hunt". They showed different Guides and hunters hunting Kodiak br

The History channel had a new show on last night called "The Hunt". They showed different Guides and hunters hunting Kodiak brown bears on Kodiak Island in Alaska. Did anybody see the first show? I liked it and it was very educational. It was better then most crap on television. I can't even picture hunting an animal that can be on top of you in seconds and can kill you. Any Opinions?

I usually avoid watching hunting-related shows until someone says they like it(I think most hunting-related shows on TV now are terrible for the future of hunting, but that is a rant for another time), so I'll keep an eye out and watch it the next time it is on. The only two shows I can watch are Life Below Zero and Mountain Men, but even those are hard to watch at times.

Comment

I thought it was as well presented as could be expected considering it was produced by people who don't have a clue about hunting. It seems that they always have to work some heavy-handed drama into the programs that really isn't necessary.

Comment

i wasnt very impressed a lot more drama than there really is like all shows they want you to think that someone is going to die but if someone really died it wouldnt be on tv they need to show more of the hunting and less dramathat being said as long as the blonde girl is wearing super tight camo clothes ill watch

Comment

I agree with pineywoods it was well presented.
          I liked how one Kodiak bear Guide put a portable battery operated electric fence around their back country campsite for protection against bears while they sleep.
          Another bear Guide takes his dog in camp to warn them of any near by bears while snoozing in their tents.
          I never knew if a brown bear track is nine inches wide it means that bear stands nine feet. Ten inch wide track would be ten feet tall bear. These bruins can stand up to eleven feet full grown.
          The show "The Hunt" will be on the History Channel every week.
          Any hunting or fishing show on at prime time is a great victory over the PETA lovers.

Comment

Naked and Afraid is the only one I watch. Bear Grylls needs to go naked for 21 days.

Comment

"Hunters every year enter a lottery for a chance to go to Kodiak Island in Alsaka to hunt a Kodiak Bear. The series follows the different hunters throughout their hunts. "

I've never seen it, but will look for it. Thanks Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                I usually avoid watching hunting-related shows until someone says they like it(I think most hunting-related shows on TV now are terrible for the future of hunting, but that is a rant for another time), so I'll keep an eye out and watch it the next time it is on. The only two shows I can watch are Life Below Zero and Mountain Men, but even those are hard to watch at times.
                JM, I'm like you and rarely watch hunting shows. But I'll keep an eye out for the two you mentioned. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                  I thought it was as well presented as could be expected considering it was produced by people who don't have a clue about hunting. It seems that they always have to work some heavy-handed drama into the programs that really isn't necessary.
                  Country Road, I hope you are doing well. Thanks for giving your take on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboystl1 View Post
                    i wasnt very impressed a lot more drama than there really is like all shows they want you to think that someone is going to die but if someone really died it wouldnt be on tv they need to show more of the hunting and less dramathat being said as long as the blonde girl is wearing super tight camo clothes ill watch
                    LOL! Looks like they have at least something in the show for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                      I agree with pineywoods it was well presented.
                      I liked how one Kodiak bear Guide put a portable battery operated electric fence around their back country campsite for protection against bears while they sleep.
                      Another bear Guide takes his dog in camp to warn them of any near by bears while snoozing in their tents.
                      I never knew if a brown bear track is nine inches wide it means that bear stands nine feet. Ten inch wide track would be ten feet tall bear. These bruins can stand up to eleven feet full grown.
                      The show "The Hunt" will be on the History Channel every week.
                      Any hunting or fishing show on at prime time is a great victory over the PETA lovers.
                      Gary, do electric fences work for NJ black bears?

Comment

Originally posted by Josey View Post
                        Naked and Afraid is the only one I watch. Bear Grylls needs to go naked for 21 days.
                        LOL! I bet Bear Grylls would do much better than most of the people featured on the show.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                          by jhjimbo
                          Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                          09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                        • Spur of the moment rifle
                          by Amflyer
                          I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                          09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                        • The $20 Shooting Shack
                          by fitch270
                          So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                          09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                        • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                          by dewman
                          one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                          09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                        • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                          by dewman
                          So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                          09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X