Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright OL forum folks, it is time to stir up the writers. If you could pick one OL writer to hunt/fish with who would it be and

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr McKean,
    Don't ruin the illusion, as Editor you should demand special treatment, even if it does not work.
    Seriously, I began reading Outdoor Life more than seventy years ago. If it had not been for Jack OConnor and the magazine, I would not have had the goal to go to college and put together enough ill gotten gains to have hunted all over the world. Asante sana

Comment

Charlie Elk, challenge accepted! Knowing full well that you and Kody are a couple of geriatrics, I will most likely have to carry out any game shot. (This is much easier than carrying out an old fart having a heart attack.)
      Kody, when the phone call comes just be quiet and get on the bus with the rest of the platoon.
      JCarlin, I am right there with you with little time to hunt. Just make time count (as Charlie said).
      Gayne, you are still my guy. Let me know when you want to go on a Nilgai hunt. By the way, can I borrow your .375 H&H for the trip??? You know, since you are deeply honored that I picked you and all!

Comment

jacarlin AKA "No Tenderfoot" apologies if you were offended by that tag. When the Captain and I start firing back and forth there can be collateral damage. We seldon pussyfoot around with our comments but there is always the likelihood of a bigfoot in the mouth. For that I make no apologies as it is half the fun of participating. While the Editors have been showered with compliments in this recent thread, I know there are many individuals no less worthy of high praise who routinely contribute to the forum.
        PS Contrary to Charlie Elk's comforting words of advice, just when you think it is getting easier your son or daughter asks for the car keys, then tuition fees, then comes the wedding reception and finally help on the down payment on that first home. In today's economy parenting has become a lifetime endeavour. I have miss some hunting opportunities working long and hard to be a supportive father and a Grandfather but it has in no way been a sacrifice. It has been my great pleasure to have done so.
        Nevertheless, my iPhone has more pictures of my hunting dogs and my Cape Buffalo then there are of my kids. Go figure!
        KODY

Comment

About 5 years ago there was a group 5 keyboard swashbucklers on this very site who would go off on tangents. (another way saying high jack a thread, many times their own)
          Delving deep into a topic's unchartered territory. Only the brave would dare attempt a sane return to the original, as the furious clicking and clacking of keyboard jousting continued unabated. Then suddenly once upon time so long ago in the middle of some fine jousting OL had a "hiccup" accidently deleting the users, all their posts and points. The referee (webmaster) assured that it was a glitch and restored the keyboard jousters/jesters. But all the wisdom and knowledge of those days remained deleted forever.
          Now I start to wonder if it was a plot all along because the "official writers" were just plain jealous of all the wise knowledge being thrown out for all to marvel... Which might explain why only AM and JT have attempt to inject some sense into this most important thread or more accurately "question".
          That there is your fault kody by bringing up "collateral damage"; got me to remembering those days oh so long ago.
          later,
          charlie

Comment

BTW, the captain, carrying out a dehydrated old fart is not that tough. In my younger days when it became necessary they were simply wrapped in their bedroll (sleeping bags weren't invented yet) and gently nudged down the mountain. Note the use of the word "gently". So be nice to kody.
            later,
            charlie

Comment

Charlie Elk and I are being referred to as 'geriatrics'. While it may be true that I can not 'walk' you into the ground, I sure could...let me think for a moment here... OK, I sure could 'talk' you into the ground. Knowing this to be true, the Captain advises me to shut up and get on the bus. What next, "Drop and give me twenty, Mister!" I guarantee that I can handle the rigors of this hunting adventure. It is the welfare of the Editors I find worrisome. I question the depictions of the Editors as lean field ready guys. Sitting behind desks hammering on the keyboard is not a credible fitness activity. Unfortunately, it is a recipe for putting on big pounds. Photos can be doctored. Rather than put these fellows at risk I think the Editor candidates should be put through an intensive fitness test.If a golf cart and sufficient beer would be provided I am volunteering Charlie Elk and I to oversee the testing.

Comment

Kody,
                No harm at all. I'm not all that thin skinned. I think I try to hard to be forthcoming that I have more time behind a computer than in the woods unfortunately, and I think I give the appearance that I like reading about it more than doing it because I constantly belittle my level of experience. Just clarifying on my end.
                Regarding time. Yeah.. my kids run from 6 to 17, so we're at an all time high on demands, but it's Ok. Those demands are starting to turn into asking for more hunting/fishing/archery/shooting time. I'll just have to meet those obligations if I must.

Comment

to be honest not sure about the writers yet lol. some of the people they have written about for sure! But writers hmmm im still on the fence

Comment

jcarlin, I am pleased to hear that you have a tolerance for some kidding. I understand that you have a tendency to down play your abilities. I, on the other hand, am inclined to overplay my abilities. That might just work on occasion! This site is frequented by hunting and survival gurus, rifle and reloading experts and a few war heroes. I prefer to tell a tall tale or two rather than be humbled by such company. So,you can count on the shots getting farther away with each teilling of the story and the Cape Buffalo getting closer and closer.

Comment

Heavey

Comment

Heavey

Comment

Natalie Krebs of course!

"- Natalie Krebs: And introducing our newest OL editor. She's so new that she hasn't started yet, but you'll soon see Natalie's byline in the magazine (you already see it on this site). She's the best hunter, the sharpest shot, and the best campfire bullslinger of the bunch!"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget