Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright OL forum folks, it is time to stir up the writers. If you could pick one OL writer to hunt/fish with who would it be and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright OL forum folks, it is time to stir up the writers. If you could pick one OL writer to hunt/fish with who would it be and

Alright OL forum folks, it is time to stir up the writers. If you could pick one OL writer to hunt/fish with who would it be and why? \*Bonus points for creativity.

Lol Captain, you're going to get us in trouble on of these days! My pick would be McKean, because if you're the editor of a hunting/fishing magazine, you must be the best hunter/fisherman among the people who work there, right?

Comment

Yes, I do mean to stir up some trouble. Hopefully we can get a few writers to hammer a keyboard in anger. A solid pick in voting for the boss hog, HFT.

Comment

Tyler Freel

Comment

You remain my very favorite reader, huntfishtrap. Well reasoned. You are welcome on my boat - or in my deer camp - any day!
          - mckean

Comment

Alright Mr. McKean, settle down. You only get so many points for brown-nosing HFT! JHP has a great pick with Mr. Freel as well. My pick is none of the aforementioned. My pick is fellow Texan Gayne Young. Here is how I see it going down. Gayne and I would plan a full Texas Safari. We would pack everything needed to include a full bar... and forget to pack ammo. After bumming a couple of rounds of .375 H&H off of a local rancher (no small feat in itself) we would execute perfect shots on a pair of Nilgai (standing broadside at 50 yards). Shortly thereafter we would co-write a short story that would leave Hemingway spinning in his grave.

Comment

Of course no offense intended to Mr. McKean or Mr. Freel. I would love to hunt with you fellows, but I fear with my camp etiquette I would be duct taped into my sleeping bag, doused in honey and left for bears. Gayne... he's as twisted as I am so I think it would be alright.

Comment

I started putting thought into this and then thought, well.. none of them. I'd feel like the kid in any camp. I'm not terribly well rounded and I just don't get enough time in field in to even say I'm particularly competent at any one species. I put the time in that I can, and I enjoy it while I'm out. But hunting with a bunch of gentlemen who make a life of it? I'd learn a lot, but I don't see what I could bring to the table, and that would dissuade me.

Comment

JCarlin, remember the true mark of a master is that he becomes a mentor. If the writers expect you to know what they do then there is no need for their articles.
                  I would much rather have an open mind in camp than an old know-it-all.
                  Now get in there and pick a writer. Let him know what you want to learn!

Comment

If you are going to hunt with someone well known, may as well go with the boss. Bear in mind they will get preferential treatment no matter how considerate they are.

Comment

Andrew and Tyler are my picks because they are the real deals who seek out adventure while hunting. Due to crossing the half a century line of hunting a while ago and Tyler being a youngster, Andrew gets the nod. No, wait, back at year 40 I realized an older guy should hunt with a youngster as they are so much better at packing things out. So Tyler gets the nod. But...
                      Can I keep up to him so that he is there to pack it out? Back to Andrew.
                      Perhaps I'll just pick up Andrew on the way to AK and we'll both hunt with Tyler. Yeah, I like that solution.
                      Suppose that violates your rules though eh Captain?
                      And while "EH" came up we'll stop by and visit Kody.
                      later,
                      charlie

Comment

I'm going to pretend that it doesn't bother me that no one wants to hunt or fish with yours truly, but, as Gear Editor of this fine brand, I can assure you that I have the coolest toys.

-Taranto

Comment

Jack O'Connor.
                          What could be better than hunting and fishing in Heaven?

Comment

I would have to pick Gayne Young for his ability to think around corners. He is likely the only on who would understand when I start talking back to The Voices.

Comment

Good point John T.
                              I'll go with you, if only because you'll make sure I'm properly attired.
                              Frankly, you all belong to a fraternity of those few who risked your financial security to on the possibility that you'd be successful doing something you love and my hat is off to all of you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget