Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you hate when your looking forward to a hunting trip in the near future & out of no where a sickness creeps in and ends th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you hate when your looking forward to a hunting trip in the near future & out of no where a sickness creeps in and ends th

Don't you hate when your looking forward to a hunting trip in the near future & out of no where a sickness creeps in and ends the hunt or makes the hunt that much harder. We all know that vitamin C reduces the chances of getting sick. Pine needles contain more vitamin C then any pill you can find. Some make a tea out of them. You don't have to eat them, just suck on them and you will get enough vitamin C to get your daily dose. I wouldn't let any woman chew ponderosa pine needles expecting a baby soon, they found it cause's abortions in some. I'm not in any medical field so try at your own risk, this is just knowledge passed down & it seems to keep me in good heath. Happy hunting DJH

Fortunately I am one of those people that hardly ever get sick. I've never had a sickness that I can think of besides a runny nose while hunting(knock on wood).

Comment

That's interesting DJH, I didn't know pine needles were that high in Vitamin C. How do they taste though? Because I know of people who've tried making tea out of pine needles, and they said it tasted downright horrible.

Comment

yeah it takes some getting used to but after a few times it starts tasting ok. There is Vitamin C in some other natural plants that surround you, like parts of a cattails in a swampy areas also have some Vitamin C value.

Comment

Lots of vitamin C in rose hips

Comment

Pup49, Thanks for the input

Comment

Dang I wish I had been munching on some pine needles 2 weeks ago. I just came down with a bad cold. Vitamin c helps prevent sicknesses but does it speed up the recovery time when you are sick? Should I be eating them right now?

Comment

Where are you hanging out DJH? We miss your remedies, it's been awhile...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X