Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read that PETA is planning on purchasing drones to “Monitor those out in the woods with death on their minds.” They claim to w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read that PETA is planning on purchasing drones to “Monitor those out in the woods with death on their minds.” They claim to w

I read that PETA is planning on purchasing drones to “Monitor those out in the woods with death on their minds.” They claim to want to watch bear hunters in particular. You are hunting and a low flying PETA drone buzzes your stand….What do you do?

If it was an unmanned drone, I think it would be a good time to practice my wing shooting.
    Seriously though, not sure where you heard that, but the restrictions placed on private, non-governmental drone use are extremely tight in most places, so I don't think it would be legal for PETA to do that.

Comment

Huntfishtrap: I didn't hear it, I read it this morning on www.cnn.com, linked from KCCI's website

Comment

4everautumn, You are correct. What I do not understand is the peta headquarters in Georgia kills 90% of the animals they take in. Since 1998, the organization has killed 29,398 animals. For an organization that kills so many helpless animals to worry about what others are doing while hunting seems a little weird. I don't think they are in a position to help anyone until they can at least help themselves. Maybe they could turn over their dogs to hunters so they are loved and not murdered. Just saying.......

Comment

Sorry Georgia, it's in Virginia.

Comment

BTW, hunters and shooters have already shot down drones.

Comment

These drones are basically remote controlled model aircraft as we used to call them. In most areas there are no restrictions unless they fly high enough to fall under FAA regulations. So, for now get used to the idea of spies in the sky.
              Since they are low flight toys should they cross onto private land I would think that constitutes trespass making it open season on drones.
              Plus when they come to pick up the pieces of their drone they can be personally charged with trespass.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

I'd read a statement where they said they currently have 5 to 10 minutes of flight time on the one's they are operating. I've been questioning the legal aspect. If they're harrassing you, which violates game laws, and you damage it, which violates maybe vandalism statues or some such. Who loses? They should get back to having scantily clad ladies protest of people eating meat. Folks like having something to look at while eating their wings and drinking their beer. I've seriously never understood what in their observation of human nature makes them think that approach is a deterrent and not just another reward for my meat eating behavior.

Comment

this just goes to show how desperate peta is.. i like charlie elk's idea of open season.. But how is peta going to spot bear hunters when; bear hunters are in cameo and two, there is a LOT of foliage up in trees making it impossible to even see 10 feet past leaves. and what are they going to do even IF they see hunters, they are not the DNR, sabotage is (correct me if im wrong)illegal in 40 states. that and the fact that they will need a runway, which limits the flight time. i think it would be hard to prove who shot a plane once someone starts walking away

Comment

seems more like a scare tactic then being practical, which is why they wanted to make it news

Comment

It may be a scare tactic, but next november i'll be taking my deer rifle and my 12 gauge with a goose choke and some steel shot. If i see one of those drones i'll put a load through it and say i thought it was someone threatening me.

Comment

Hi...

Don't those drones look just like pheasants...??

If so, my shotgun will automatically train and track on them, and then accidently fire...!!

Comment

If you shoot it, you will be labeled as a trigger happy nut. if you don't, and are following all the laws, they wont have anything against you.

Comment

KENTUCKY has stiff hunter harassment penalties, PETA needs to rethink this one through first.

Comment

Ya gotta love PETA, they come up with more ridiculous schemes than Hollywood & keep me entertained.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget