Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goat Man identified. The Goat Man is a hunter. He was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and was testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goat Man identified. The Goat Man is a hunter. He was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and was testing

Goat Man identified. The Goat Man is a hunter. He was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and was testing a homemade goat suit. The guy is from Southern California. I don't think I would want to be wandering around in a goat suit during goat hunting season. Though it might be a good way to meet the Creator. Maybe somebody should tell this guy there is a good reason why they don't make goat, bear, or deer suits to hunt in.

I suppose he thought he was being an innovator. but you are right. Not a good idea.

Comment

Even during archery seasons you have a few nimrods out there that will shoot first and ask questions later. Thats why I won't walk through the woods with a turkey over my shoulder, that bird goes in an orange bag.

Comment

There is no goat season open until September so safety was not an issue.
        Many years ago I got a once in a lifetime chance to accompany a National Geographic team into the Wrangell Mountains to film goats. To get close to the goats we wore white coveralls, Boonie hats and carried a white sheet to mask the human outline. It worked we got very close to the goats.
        Personally, I don't find this all that strange.
        later,
        charlie

Comment

I guess I would agree with charlie elk, I don't think it's a big deal, because mountain goat hunting is usually a pretty solitary affair, so there's not as much risk as, say, dressing up in deer hides and running around on all fours during the WI rifle season.

Comment

No there wasn't an issue of safety for this guy in the off season. I didn't find it strange he was following the goats. I wouldn't attempt it during hunting season though, no matter how solitary the hunt may be. All it takes is one mistake to put an end to his hunt by another hunter.

Comment

Hi...

Well, he may or may not be spotted during goat season, but he's already been spotted, right?

To each his own, but I don't think that it's something that I would want to do...for safety's sake.

Comment

Hi...

Well, he may or may not be spotted during goat season, but he's already been spotted, right?

To each his own, but I don't think that it's something that I would want to do...for safety's sake.

Every so often there's somebody out there that is quick on the trigger. That's a risk I wouldn't want to take.

Comment

Hi...

Well, again I was double posted...not deliberatly.

Comment

Natural selection,the unwise don't live very long.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X